Pavona growth problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter BadgerWI
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BadgerWI

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having some trouble with a pavona in my 50 gallon cube. The first issue is that it has grown too close to a chalice next to it. At night I see sweeper tentacles and the chalice is starting to look rough where they are fighting. I could try and move the pavona but it's encrusted onto the main rock work. The second issue is the growth pattern of the coral. It seems to mostly encrust the rock instead of growing outwards. Can I do anything to encourage a different growth pattern similar to the live aquaria picture. Thanks for any advice!
System Info
Lighting is an aquatic life hybrid fixture with diy leds.
Flow is from two tunze 6095
BRS two part

lg-83340-coral.jpg


Photo Mar 24, 3 11 35 PM.jpg


Photo Mar 24, 3 10 41 PM.jpg


Photo Mar 24, 3 10 36 PM.jpg
 
That looks like a Hydo vs Pavona to me. Very aggressive; I'd remove it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new