OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone run/work at a LFS and want to verify my photos and write me a letter? Not really trying to drive 1.5hr to closest store to ask them, since I've never even purchased from them. I may just be out of luck on this.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Does anyone run/work at a LFS and want to verify my photos and write me a letter? Not really trying to drive 1.5hr to closest store to ask them, since I've never even purchased from them. I may just be out of luck on this.
for what?

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for what?
PayPal said I can reopen the dispute if I have 'third unbiased party verification and proof of value with official letterhead and contact information' hard to do since all I have are pictures and the coral melted away a month ago.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
PayPal said I can reopen the dispute if I have 'third unbiased party verification and proof of value with official letterhead and contact information' hard to do since all I have are pictures and the coral melted away a month ago.
Hmmm.
Hope you do find someone who is willing to do this for you.

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 2 cents.. if they shipped it overnight and the post office or whoever delayed it its not really their fault. I think most websites have that disclaimer. If they cheapened out and didnt pay for the correct delivery its their fault.

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For example from jason fox
ffc20958d33a9db6dd93c5e75ad8e318.jpg

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 2 cents.. if they shipped it overnight and the post office or whoever delayed it its not really their fault. I think most websites have that disclaimer. If they cheapened out and didnt pay for the correct delivery its their fault.
I agree. My instance was due to the seller trying to make an extra $ and extremely poor packing.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In terms of coral I think we are pretty much SOL. PayPal seems to care about whether you got it and if they sent what they said they would. They don't seem to understand that what we are getting dies and becomes useless. When I won my dispute they made me send the deal coral back to get the refund.
Same happened here, a coral bought from seller on EB, I sent it back through pp label and they refunded .

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ir sucks, but sometimes the full truth works against you. If I got a DOA coral, id claim the seller didn't send what I paid for, which technically, he didn't.

I also disagree with the seller not helping out when the shipping company delays things. I don't think the seller should cover the cost to reship, but they should cut a new frag.

All in all, leaving feedback here is your best recourse. I'd definitely steer clear of unknown sellers or seller with bad feedback.

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to start off with saying sorry that you have even had to go through this. It’s a really tough situation because when something goes wrong, we blame ever sellers imperfection from not enough packing peanuts, to bad shipping containers, and etc...

Personally I have boughten so many corals from people on here and have had good and bad experiences. I’ve realized that if it’s sps and bleached in the package it’s DOA. But if we are going off of zoas, softies and other lps. If they come closed up, it’s fair game.

Just my own two cents. Either way it’s all about making an effort to make both parties happy. Never to leave someone empty handed with not even giving a discount. It’s tougher of course with really expensive corals.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to start off with saying sorry that you have even had to go through this. It’s a really tough situation because when something goes wrong, we blame ever sellers imperfection from not enough packing peanuts, to bad shipping containers, and etc...

Personally I have boughten so many corals from people on here and have had good and bad experiences. I’ve realized that if it’s sps and bleached in the package it’s DOA. But if we are going off of zoas, softies and other lps. If they come closed up, it’s fair game.

Just my own two cents. Either way it’s all about making an effort to make both parties happy. Never to leave someone empty handed with not even giving a discount. It’s tougher of course with really expensive corals.
Could tell before opening original container it was a goner... however the seller asked me to place in the tank after sending the pictures. In hindsight, I should've done as someone stated earlier and fought it as not what I ordered instead of DOA, and never opened it.

IMG_7980.JPG

IMG_7982.JPG

IMG_7991.JPG

IMG_7999.JPG

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is an option that none of us ever want to deal with. Whether we are the buyer or the seller, it can be a tough situation.

I recently had a bad experience with a purchase from a seller on this site, where the coral arrived DOA. Essentially I was told good luck dealing with PayPal by the seller.

I filed the PayPal claim and went back and forth with them submitting pictures of the coral and screenshots of the seller's communication. Eventually they did not support my claim and requested a third party verification with 'official letterhead and contact information'.

The coral was purchased over a month ago and since has melted away to nothing. I have no LFS to show the pictures and ask for a letter.

I am interested in how other buyers and sellers have dealt with these PayPal issues, and past experiences. Also any advice on how I may proceed. I look forward to your responses!

Call Paypal and speak with a supervisor. You have clear pictures of DOA and the shipping was not overnight.

I had a Paypal dispute over the wrong fish sent. I ordered a 3" Magnificent Foxface for $140 shipped overnight. What arrived was a 7" adult, and they even wrote on the bag " 3-inch Foxface," yet sent an adult. This was Saltwaterfish.com btw. They still have it listed as "available" to this day, yet told me the smallest they could get was 5 inches.

After ignoring my emails and pictures, I opened a dispute. Paypal said the seller had 10 days to refund or replace the order. I didn't want a refund, I wanted the proper fish. The seller refunded my money and left me with a fish I couldn't house at that time.

Why did Paypal side with them? You showed the item in the shipping container dead and what the item was that you were supposed to receive. You have pictures that he didn't put hot or cold packs, pictures of the leaking box (right?). Was it said he would provide overnight shipping? Even if he did, he would've had to ship it in the morning for it to arrive the next day.

If I were you, I would drive to a LFS, or public aquarium, even if it's an hour away to get documentation. Speak with a SUPERVISOR! Send Paypal a link to a LiveAquaria page, or someplace that tells what environment the coral needs to survive.

But don't take "NO" for an answer. You're just not going about it the right way to back up your proof. The more time that goes by, the harder it's going to be. For a $500+ coral, I would drive wherever I had to to get the required info.

Last edited:

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the feedback section? I didn't even know we had one here. Seems like Rev needs to implement the important things, like that, in a visible area, not one you have to go searching for. Something like Amazons, but from verified buyers only.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the feedback section? I didn't even know we had one here. Seems like Rev needs to implement the important things, like that, in a visible area, not one you have to go searching for. Something like Amazons, but from verified buyers only.
Xentrader is for verified transactions. Just not very visible.

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's in the selling forum. I found it easy enough and I believe there is a stickie mentioning it as well.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's in the selling forum. I found it easy enough and I believe there is a stickie mentioning it as well.
It needs to be right under the sellers name along with the joined date and post count.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang! It absolutely sucks to see this type of issue. I'm really sorry this happened to you. I do want to say that we are always open to suggestions on ways to make the forum better.

Not enough people leave feedback, and even when they do I think most people don't take the time to check it. Goes for me to. I bought a pump from you that worked great but never gave you any feedback. I asked about making feedback more view able but never heard anything back from the mods.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/incorporating-feedback.333035/

I actually just responded to your thread bc I saw this post. I don't think anyone on our team had seen it prior to that. A quick way to always notify us of a post you want attention to is to use the hashtag: #mods Using that hashtag gives us an alert to check the post where it was used. That would probably be the best thing to do in the above thread.

Additionally, you can also use the report feature at the bottom of each post which actually generates a report for us on the specific post. This method is better suited for things you don't necessarily want interaction on, but that you believe moderator action is necessary (rule violations, spam, etc.). HTH

The feedback score use to be visible.
Need to be right back under the persons name viewable on every post.

I believe this changed when we moved to the new software a while back. There are more positives to the new software than I can count, but we definitely want to make the feedback easily accessible as well. We're working on some new changes that hopefully will include making feedback better/more visible. For now, definitely let us know of any suggestions in this thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/incorporating-feedback.333035/. I'll be making the team aware of its existence so that we can watch the suggestions and maybe get some ideas from you guys! :)

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I believe this changed when we moved to the new software a while back. There are more positives to the new software than I can count, but we definitely want to make the feedback easily accessible as well. We're working on some new changes that hopefully will include making feedback better/more visible. For now, definitely let us know of any suggestions in this thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/incorporating-feedback.333035/. I'll be making the team aware of its existence so that we can watch the suggestions and maybe get some ideas from you guys! :)

I did post on that thread and a few others agreed that positive and negative feedback should be posted in a visible location, and you should have to do a search to look for it.

Ridem32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like one person ask you and you did not respond back. Did you use credit card or Paypal cash money or did money come out of your bank account? Credit card trumps over Paypal and can do a change back. If you used a bank card your bank can change back. I use Paypal lots

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back