Pearlberry

bige11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think I may have identified the reason behind my lack of pearlberry success. After a similar thread on another site and my local one, several fellow reefers think I am burning the pearlberry. (it is sitting right under a 400 W and 250 W each time I place it). I leave those lights on 13+ hours daily, and I am reading a lot about lighting and I realize that more isn't better..... Anyways, I am going to reduce photoperiod significantly and I will start the pearlberry low in the tank first. If anyone is interested, I'll post what happens. Off to the LFS....

bige11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, after 2 days with less light, the pearlberry that I thought was all but dead looks better. I was going to go get another today, but I'll wait and see if this one makes it.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gary Great Pictures!

I have this coral and it can look very different in different tanks. In fact I did not like the way it looked in my display but loved the way it looked in my small tank.

Here is one I took on Sunday for our clubs TOTM. Hope you don't mind me posting it Gary.

pearlberry1.jpg

Joe

Nice!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back