Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's starting to look full Perry!

Tim,
I purchased the 20 pack Dec 27th 2021 and the corals were chunky then. Seller and I agreed to taking any and all time needed to send with minimized mortality. Planning certain days, but cold weather ultimately to blame. Also, both Fedex and UPS have issues, so that too considered. I wouldn't have changed a thing, a bit of patience necessary, and the reward is several old school frags, or by today's standards, mini colonies, lol. Several acros have 10-20 branches already. I planned this to kick start the mineral uptake process, as well as bacteria. I believe these animals all work in symbiosis. Anyway, yes, tank is full, as far as these corals becoming colonies. I will have to be choosey on new additions. Have a 10 lb bag of marco nano rock rubble that will seed in sump, then used to plant corals shown on the glass. Some, I will just let encrust right onto the glass, lol.
Cheers!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone's going to need a bigger tank soon. :p

Oh no John, don't give me any ideas, lol, but..... I will likely add a frag system to home collector pieces, but down the road for sure. I have a little 20 gallon with some killer yumas, a ricordea garden, fireworks cloves, some palys, and soon some other shrooms. I love ricordeas!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Perry still have a lot of space. Put some more:D

Ha,ha, yep, that's always possible with bare bottom, it's so easy to place a coral on a flat plug, or rubble on put on the bottom glass. I have already spent way too much money, but I am still a sucker for a nice milli, or smoothie, lol.
Cheers

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Forrest fire digi
2. Purple polyp red table
3. Aquamarine jewel
4. Pink acro
5. Pearlberry
6. Nauti spiral
7. Altered ego
8. Red & purple grafted
9. Seasons greetings
10. Christmas clados
11. Blureberry Miyagi
12. Magenta-red
13. Tyree tricolor
14. Purple stylo
15. Beach bum
16. Grafted setosa
17. Bubblegum digi
18. Watermelon psammocora
19. Undata
20. Chilli pepper
21. Tyree Pink Lemonade
22. Tyree Pink The Bear
23. TSA Bill Murray
24. Sunset Milli
25. JF Fox Flame
26. KC Purple Snow
27. KC First Blush
28. KC Capri Blue
29. KC Pink Caddy
30. KC Red Dragon
31. KC Blue Turf
32. KC Red Robin
32. KC Bright Rose
33. ORA Hawkins Echinata
34. BC Splendid Gremlin
35. BC Hellflower
36. BC Set For Stun
37. BC Battlegum
38. BC Mr. Neutron
39. BC Raindrops On Roses
40. BC Marty Mcfly
41. BC Mondo Rainbow
42. BC Sex Feast
43. BC Toast of London
44. BC Bonfire
45. BC Sky Dopple
46. BC Mr. Pacman
47. BC Fleshdunce
48. BC Sunflower Spath
49. Wet Thumbs MOP

That's the "list" I would have been at 50, but lost a BC piece, could have saved, but didn't to risk an event, so I had to chuck the BC Kermit Granny. No worries, I loss since reboot, out of 50 corals, all but 1 shipped, pretty satisfied :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still working on placement of low light stuff, but getting closer. Today under full spectrum.
20220219_125315.jpg

Also BC Bonfire pic,really liking this piece.

20220219_125442.jpg

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna see that Mr. Neutron grow! I got a 3/4" nub from BC almost a year ago. Now I have a 3/4" nub with a 1/2" wide base. Sure is bright though!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours is already bigger hahahaha.
KIMG0993.JPG

Love the looks of your tank man. Can't wait to see it All grow in!

Man oh man, I totally hear you, some just are stubborn, lol. I keep trying, and really hard, a reason or choice, to convert to led. Then I look at the growth, color, and total health, and alas, I stick to the ole ati t5 unit. The led supplements are a bonus :) I will likely lean on radion g4 pros x2 when I succumb, as a buddy has a couple laying around.

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% agree. Love my t5's and IF I ever change to full LED, they will be radions.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it though, right?

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% agree. Love my t5's and IF I ever change to full LED, they will be radions.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it though, right?

Sam..
I have been so close, even tried 2 kessil a360we with a500x, and quite positive it could have all worked out. Because I am so old school, and used to raising fixtures or lowering for effect, I struggle with placement of corals as it relates to led. I 100% know that under t5 lamps, all corals will grow. No doubt. It's a safety net. I will eventually delve into led, placement, par, yada, yada... For the moment, t5 take me where I need to be, simple, yet quite effective ;)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also,
T5's 8" above water line. 6 bulbs, not enough for 24" wide tank. 2x sb reefbar blue help getting coverage and par. If I had it right, I would have an 8 bulb unit with same reef bars. That said, if I want end to end, back to front coverage for ALL sps, I have to make a decision...hmmm :)

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also,
T5's 8" above water line. 6 bulbs, not enough for 24" wide tank. 2x sb reefbar blue help getting coverage and par. If I had it right, I would have an 8 bulb unit with same reef bars. That said, if I want end to end, back to front coverage for ALL sps, I have to make a decision...hmmm :)
Yeah, Led's still haven't caught up to T5 or MH just yet. They're getting closer, but I feel like they need something more (full spectrum?), but there's something that old school lighting has over led's. I know it's a little nuanced, but it's that little thing that makes all the difference between the lighting types. Btw, corals are looking great, can't wait to see them grow.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Led's still haven't caught up to T5 or MH just yet. They're getting closer, but I feel like they need something more (full spectrum?), but there's something that old school lighting has over led's. I know it's a little nuanced, but it's that little thing that makes all the difference between the lighting types. Btw, corals are looking great, can't wait to see them grow.
Thanks John!
See plenty of led tanks looking sweet, but to me, I cannot justify buying a single used led panel for what I can buy a 6 bulb ati for new. 8 bulb with reefbars still less than 2 used radion g4's. I will probably need 2. I get the whole bulb change out thing, not a huge expense to me. Here is my stance. At 8" above water line, fairly close btw, I can grow anything on the bottom I want. But, I can also grow corals nicely at mid point of tank without frying them. My biggest reason, is seeing light underneath ledges, in spaces surely shadowed by leds, regardless of brand. I think this leads to the t5 combo use, and then to me, I would rather have ati driven t5's than aquatic life. So again, I find t5 supplented with led better, for me...
For now, my lighting is working, corals are young, no need for changing lighting as of now.
Cheers

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, there’s no reason to change success. My best sps tank was my 22g nano, in the end it had a 4 bulb ATI sunpower with three Kessil 160’s. Can’t wait to see your sticks grow!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, there’s no reason to change success. My best sps tank was my 22g nano, in the end it had a 4 bulb ATI sunpower with three Kessil 160’s. Can’t wait to see your sticks grow!

Things are definitely looking today on the reef! Thanks for the kind words and inspiration, the canvas is set, time to break out the brushes!
Cheers

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry I saw in another thread that you're dosing PNS Probio. I'm curious how is it working for you? I've never used it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back