Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear my fellow SPS gurus.
It's time for me to politely bow out of the SPS game. I have not been enjoying the hobby, chasing my tail, but more importantly seeing corals die in my care. My wife encouraged me to not quit the hobby, and after a lot of thought, I will continue this tank, but taking a completely different approach. I will be starting a new thread when I get motivated, but it will be something completely different than what most tanks look like. The new approach will combine gardening and reefing, as this tank will transition into a mangrove lagoon. Thank you to all who have followed along, and one day, when the time is right, you will see me back in the SPS game.
Cheers!

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry,
sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations. Your SPS cube, (60 gallon?) was an inspiration to me.

I'm certain your Mangrove tank will be equally stunning.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry,
sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations. Your SPS cube, (60 gallon?) was an inspiration to me.

I'm certain your Mangrove tank will be equally stunning.

Thank you so much,
Yeah that 70 cube was a highlight for me, still love the hobby, and looking forward to doing something totally different, will link the thread once I get it going :) A beautiful maxima clam will be a center piece, of course in addition to mangroves. More to come :)

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea sometimes a complete change in the way your doing something is what’s needed. And most of the time thee things work out for the better. Let us know what you do with the tank even if there are no sps. Me and my wife also have a zoa/mushroom tank and I broke down my whole system because I needed a change. It was just too much work and that’s how I realized I wanted to keep this tub running. I was going to completely start over later on.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much,
Yeah that 70 cube was a highlight for me, still love the hobby, and looking forward to doing something totally different, will link the thread once I get it going :) A beautiful maxima clam will be a center piece, of course in addition to mangroves. More to come :)
Sorry to hear this Perry but I think you just need to step away from the sps for now as well. I know you’ll be able to keep them with no issues once all the ugly phases are over. Do you have any links to the 70g cube?

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this Perry but I think you just need to step away from the sps for now as well. I know you’ll be able to keep them with no issues once all the ugly phases are over. Do you have any links to the 70g cube?

Lol,
It's in RC archives, on sps forum.
Here's a pic :)

20191215_120214.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the set back. I found LPS to be as exciting. The ease of having a simple system and corals knowing I can just go do other things and not worry. Find a stunner lobo colony and trachy and you'll forget about those $200 boogers ;)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the set back. I found LPS to be as exciting. The ease of having a simple system and corals knowing I can just go do other things and not worry. Find a stunner lobo colony and trachy and you'll forget about those $200 boogers ;)
How about a stunning clam :)

20200630_142914.jpg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's with the little light above the clams?
Are the T-5's not enough?

T5's are 18" above the tank. Clams at very bottom, so using a 2 puck 145watt led panel, blues, and UV only, peaking at 70%
Ample light for clams. Ultimately the t5's will be raised as mangroves grow, and eventually the t5 will not be sufficient for coral, so I will add a kessil on left side to support corals, but the t5's easily would support even sps, so for now this will work.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back