OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following along and I love what you're doing. Both fish look great (especially the yellow tang!) But Dory's redness is cocnerning to me.

Warning: reef noob, just saying what I think.
Thank you! I am concerned about it too, that's why I wanted to start up the antibiotics again today. I'm hoping she shows improvement soon :)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She wasn't happy after her water change but it allowed me to get a good pic. The yellow tang is about to get a water change too so I'll see if I can get a good pic of him

20190423_204036.jpg

Looking a little ragged. Best close up photo yet does she look worse in the face to you or is that how she has looked all along?

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking a little ragged. Best close up photo yet does she look worse in the face to you or is that how she has looked all along?
It's about the same, I think it may look slightly worse because of how the light is reflecting inside the pvc pipe in that pic. Overall she does look a lot better than the day she came home

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's about the same, I think it may look slightly worse because of how the light is reflecting inside the pvc pipe in that pic. Overall she does look a lot better than the day she came home

I think they both look much improved even brighter in the eyes. Good work! Very impressive!

TRIGGER SHARKFIST

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet a well kept quiet tank will make the world of difference.

They both looked like they've been bullied to hell and then stress has caused there decline in health.

I once bought a yellow tang that looked like that one and just some care it came back from the brink.

Good on you for trying to save .. Come on guys you can pull through !!!!

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they both look much improved even brighter in the eyes. Good work! Very impressive!
Thank you! I thought their chances were very slim considering how bad they looked, especially the blue tang. I know we're not out of the woods yet but I'm very optimistic at this point

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found your thread last night and stayed up way too late reading through it all. Very very cool of you to take such great care of fish that needed someone's help. I'll be reading along and contributing any way that I can. :)
Thank you very much!

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily she is eating the medicated pe mysis but she only nibbles at the nori every now and then

The medicated food has selcon added, correct? If you are ordering stuff, might want to grab a vitamin supplement as well to help plug some of the dietary gaps... I use vita-chem.

Selcon is great for lipids / fatty acids. The vita-chem has added vitamins and minerals.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The medicated food has selcon added, correct? If you are ordering stuff, might want to grab a vitamin supplement as well to help plug some of the dietary gaps... I use vita-chem.

Selcon is great for lipids / fatty acids. The vita-chem has added vitamins and minerals.
It does have selcon, I'll go ahead and get some vita-chem also

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think she is starting to look a bit better, doesn't look as red in that picture!
I think so too, as soon as I'm out of sight she comes out and swims around also. The yellow tang is swimming around all the time now but, as soon as it's picture time, he hides

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So happy to see things progressing well!!!

The Memorial Hospital sticker is absolutely hilarious!

Keep up the good work. How do the other tanks in the house look now that these two are getting so much attention?
I haven't been giving them quite as much attention but I'm making sure everyone is fed and the glass stays clean

Back