Petco rescue, two tangs

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everyone for helping me through this and offering encouragement! I still have some starter cultures of Grindal Worms if anyone wants any

Thank you for being compassionate enough to go through this. The first thing I do in the mornings (and the last thing at night) is check on Baby Dory[emoji4]

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicely done, Matt. Can’t wait to see her in the new tank.

Love the videos, but please, shoot video in landscape rather than portrait. Makes viewing so much more enjoyable. ;)
I'll try that! I'm not all that savvy with technology, my wife had to set my R2r account up originally, then show me how to post something, and then show me how to use YouTube. I'm starting to catch on though

Cohibaman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try that! I'm not all that savvy with technology, my wife had to set my R2r account up originally, then show me how to post something, and then show me how to use YouTube. I'm starting to catch on though

I reread my post...sorry if I sounded like a jerk. :D

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try an app called Pic Stitch
I figured it out, here's a side by side of her improvement after one month of proper care!

Photo_2019-05-11_09-27-26_PM.png

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very impressed with this. I hope the HLLE clears completely, but even if it doesn't, this is a really great recovery.
I'm feeding her food soaked in selcon and vita-chem each night and Grindal Worms every morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but if it leaves scars it will be her badge of honor

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm feeding her food soaked in selcon and vita-chem each night and Grindal Worms every morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but if it leaves scars it will be her badge of honor

Have you tried nori recently? Might be time to try introducing some veggies in there ;)

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried nori recently? Might be time to try introducing some veggies in there ;)
I've been putting it in the tank every day but so far she ignores it for the most part. I've been using Julian Sprungs purple, red, and green sea veggies. Since she wasn't eating them much I got the lrs herbivore frenzy and she loves it

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ngoodermuth, I was just looking at my dt and saw my diamond goby yawning and swimming up to the cleaner shrimp to get his gills cleaned. I really hope the flukes didn't somehow make it into my dt. Before I got Baby Dory I did do a couple treatments with prazipro and I know I am managing ich but it very seldom makes an appearance. My other blue hippo isn't showing any signs of distress besides an occasional flash that I was attributing to the fact that I'm still managing the ich at this point.

The goby will be very hard to catch so I was thinking of catching a slower fish to do a fwd on and checking for flukes, do you think that's a good place to start?

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back