Petco rescue, two tangs

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, the worm culture I got from you is alive and kicking! Should be able to harvest in a week or two!
20190512_211406.jpeg
;Yuck

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#mods we would like to petition for a new title for our friend @Mjrenz.

Summary:
He bought two near death Tangs from Petco in awful shape to try to save them. Lost the yellow after a huge struggle to save it. He is fighting the good fight to save the the other and it is starting to look like she might be turning the corner. We think if anyone is deserving of a title other than valuable member this might be it, because what he is doing in my opinion exemplifies what our little community of fish lovers is all about.

Tom
Absolutely!

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no way I could have done this without all the help I've gotten from everyone. I didn't know much about fish diseases and parasites just over a month ago but I've learned a lot in this short time

Well you definitely have your associates degree now!! Soon to be a bachelors at this pace!!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You realized now that we have all come to love her and the job you are doing, you will be required to send weekly updates and pix going forward long after the recovery is done.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ngoodermuth I noticed baby Dory was breathing fast tonight so I did a 5 gallon water change even though there was no indication of ammonia on the alert badge. The water change really stressed her out and she was breathing even faster about an hour after it. Just to be safe I have her in a MB bath right now. Is there anything else I should be doing or watching for?

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ngoodermuth I noticed baby Dory was breathing fast tonight so I did a 5 gallon water change even though there was no indication of ammonia on the alert badge. The water change really stressed her out and she was breathing even faster about an hour after it. Just to be safe I have her in a MB bath right now. Is there anything else I should be doing or watching for?
Is she still breathing fast?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 14.3%
Back