Phosphate Removal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rockerboi09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear that the best thing to do is alternate between aluminum phosphate removal and gfo. I think I'm going to use rowaphos gfo, but can I use phosguard for the aluminum based?
Also, a question about carbon. I think I'm going to end up switching to ROX 0.8 carbon. I'm just added the Tunze 9410 skimmer to my tank (150 gallon display with 55 gallon sump). At the outlet, it has a filter sock. Would it be as effective if I added I add my ROX carbon there instead of my dial reactor?

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can certainly use phosguard instead of the AL99 if you prefer. The idea is to let the aluminum based po4 remove items released by the use of gfo, and vice versa.

Using carbon in a reactor is always going to perform better than putting it into a sock where it can more easily clump up. Passive flow through carbon works just fine but to get the maximum effect out of carbon over the shortest time span, fluidizing it with a small amount of flow in a reactor is the better way. The carbon in the sock will also possibly not let the sock work to its capacity. If space and funds are short, putting it in the sock will do the trick.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back