Picking out new coral!

Proverbs3:5-6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’m thinking I want to pick out some new coral for my tank. I’m running a 75gallon with an ati 48” dimmable 8x54 t5 fixture. I really have no experience with sps corals and usually stick to lps and softies. I had been out of the hobby but recently got back in and so far have some gsp and purple star polyp frags with a tie dye mushroom. I’m thinking I’d like some hammer or torch coral but I also like acanthastrea or similar. What would be something good to add a bit of movement and a lot of color?

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’m thinking I want to pick out some new coral for my tank. I’m running a 75gallon with an ati 48” dimmable 8x54 t5 fixture. I really have no experience with sps corals and usually stick to lps and softies. I had been out of the hobby but recently got back in and so far have some gsp and purple star polyp frags with a tie dye mushroom. I’m thinking I’d like some hammer or torch coral but I also like acanthastrea or similar. What would be something good to add a bit of movement and a lot of color?
Definitely a hammer or a frogspawn I just picked these up yesterday and they add so much movement and their color is AWESOME!

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Can I see pics?? How much did you get them for?
Yeah here’s some pics. I picked them up for $20 each I think I got a good deal though but I’m not too sure on the pricing of Euphyllia now. The white pictures were taken just now the blue last night. They still aren’t totally puffed up yet because I just barely added them to the tank.
Edit: sorry for the picture quality I’m just realizing it’s bad now haha it still captures it alright though but much better in person.

D9094AC5-0B96-408A-99FF-CBAC533EE12B.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah here’s some pics. I picked them up for $20 each I think I got a good deal though but I’m not too sure on the pricing of Euphyllia now. The white pictures were taken just now the blue last night. They still aren’t totally puffed up yet because I just barely added them to the tank.
Edit: sorry for the picture quality I’m just realizing it’s bad now haha it still captures it alright though but much better in person.

D9094AC5-0B96-408A-99FF-CBAC533EE12B.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg
Awesome. The lfs I go to has hammer for $40 a head.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back