Pico essential information

HWEP

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2021
Messages
34
Reaction score
54
Location
Lancashire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

After success with my 30gal and evo 13.5, i've recently moved to a bigger house so of course, that means another tank.

I really want to give a Pico a chance, so today i'm picking up a 10L fluval spec. It'll be bare bottom and i'll be using water and rock from one of my existing tanks, nothing new, and my fluval evo stock light...somehow.

Firstly, I cant seem to find Pico tank focussed forums/discussion topic on here, only via nano ones.. is this something we could get arranged? :D

I've done a fair bit of research, i don't want anything hard in there. Zoa, BTA (maybe?), softies. I'm not entirely bothered about inverts just yet, if at all.

What i'm after is things that you wish you'd known then that you know now with these challenging little tanks. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and all that. Also, as many photographs as your Pico tanks as possible, so i can convince the partner this is definitely a good idea (to have a FOURTH tank in the house).

340001.jpg
 
I'd hold off on the bta in a tank of this size. They are probably sturdy enough (though I'm sure a whole choir of people will disagree), but they get big, multiply pretty fast, have big babies when they do split, wander around stinging things, etc, etc.

Why not get a really stellar ricordea collection going instead and maybe a rock flower anemone?
 
hy not get a really stellar ricordea collection going instead and maybe a rock flower anemone?
Yes great idea. I have enough success in my 30 with BTAs so i wasn't 100%, a few of them have been trouble dealing with in there, including one actively trying to leave my 30 by squeezing under the lid (now happy in my evo!). Loving the thought of a ricordia garden.
 
Yes great idea. I have enough success in my 30 with BTAs so i wasn't 100%, a few of them have been trouble dealing with in there, including one actively trying to leave my 30 by squeezing under the lid (now happy in my evo!). Loving the thought of a ricordia garden.
They are a lot of fun to collect and if you keep an eye out you can find some really stunning colors.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new