Pico essential information

HWEP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

After success with my 30gal and evo 13.5, i've recently moved to a bigger house so of course, that means another tank.

I really want to give a Pico a chance, so today i'm picking up a 10L fluval spec. It'll be bare bottom and i'll be using water and rock from one of my existing tanks, nothing new, and my fluval evo stock light...somehow.

Firstly, I cant seem to find Pico tank focussed forums/discussion topic on here, only via nano ones.. is this something we could get arranged? :D

I've done a fair bit of research, i don't want anything hard in there. Zoa, BTA (maybe?), softies. I'm not entirely bothered about inverts just yet, if at all.

What i'm after is things that you wish you'd known then that you know now with these challenging little tanks. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and all that. Also, as many photographs as your Pico tanks as possible, so i can convince the partner this is definitely a good idea (to have a FOURTH tank in the house).

340001.jpg

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd hold off on the bta in a tank of this size. They are probably sturdy enough (though I'm sure a whole choir of people will disagree), but they get big, multiply pretty fast, have big babies when they do split, wander around stinging things, etc, etc.

Why not get a really stellar ricordea collection going instead and maybe a rock flower anemone?

OP
OP
HWEP

HWEP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hy not get a really stellar ricordea collection going instead and maybe a rock flower anemone?
Yes great idea. I have enough success in my 30 with BTAs so i wasn't 100%, a few of them have been trouble dealing with in there, including one actively trying to leave my 30 by squeezing under the lid (now happy in my evo!). Loving the thought of a ricordia garden.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes great idea. I have enough success in my 30 with BTAs so i wasn't 100%, a few of them have been trouble dealing with in there, including one actively trying to leave my 30 by squeezing under the lid (now happy in my evo!). Loving the thought of a ricordia garden.
They are a lot of fun to collect and if you keep an eye out you can find some really stunning colors.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back