Pink Lemonade Acro ?

jonzee2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so I've had this thing for about 4 or 5 months now and it hasn't grown a bit. Is it just a slow grower or is it just me? everything else is growing like crazy even my garf purple bonsai is growing way faster then this guy. params are in check idk what else to do any suggestions on this one

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it encrusting on the rock you put it on? These are "famous" for encrusting forever before they start to branch out.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine grew very fast and i have heard many people saying there grow fast. Whats your placement with it and is it encrusting like BTK said?

OP
OP
J

jonzee2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it in the top quarter of the tank, I had it in the middle but after 4 months of nothing I moved it up.it has encrusted over about 3/4's of the plug.

OP
OP
J

jonzee2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm switching over to tropic marin additives and I've heard that sps does great when you use it so maybe that will help out.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you rank bottom bed 1 and surface 4 i have mine at 3 with 8 bulb t5 6 inches off the water so its getting alot of light, like only about 12 inches from the fixture. Flow wise moderate, are you sure your alk/mag and cal in in check what are they?

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i have the same problem. all my other sps are growing well except for my pink lemonade. i've had it for about 5 months now but its just encrusting. Its grown about an inch on all sides on the rock but hasn't starting to sprout new branches yet. Do you think if i cut the tips of the branches it will stimulate growth?

All my params are in check,
cal 430
alk 10.5
mag 1400

i have no fish and i run phos and carbon so i prob have no nitrates or phosphates. I have 2 mp40s and reef filtrations 150w LED gen 2. its placed at 10'' in a a 24'' tank and the lights are 7 inches off the water. they are prob getting around 600-800 par at that level with my lights.

Last edited:

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear my took 6-8 months just encrusting the rock and then one day BOOM! started growing like a weed and hasn't stopped. IME it enjoys high light and good random flow.

jledon4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
having phosphates at 0.00 is not the best way to go, there should be at least a little. maybe start feeding more the corals.

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....like said before... it encrusts like crazy!! but... if you position it on a ledge once it gets to the edge it will start to branch!!!
IMG_7509.jpg

not the best pic... but good example

cccharliecc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its so tough when you get a nice coral and it takes forever to grow. Its worse than watching paint dry sometimes.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmmmm lets see i had a piece encrusting that looked like a monti for a good 6 months and never got a branch..... while that was encrusting i bought a mini colony like 4 or 5 branches, and over the next 6 months my encrusting one hasn't budged and the mini colony one now is a big healthy colony!!!!!!!!!!!!!what i have noticed and exp is small frags take for ever to receive enough light and energy to grow and anything i have gotten if it's like 2" frag normally takes off with in 2 weeks and never looks back!!!!!!

pwoller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine low in my tank and its growing like crazy and has great color. I would rank it as one of my lower light acro's. High flow.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think high flow is the key with this one. I had it in medium flow for about 6 months and it didn't do a whole heck of a lot maybe just encrusted a little. About 2 months ago I moved it to a really high flow section of my tank and the polyp extension is incredible and it has tripled in size.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the few pieces that I still want to pick up. I'm not huge on the named corals, but this is truly a beauty. I just hate to wait for months for it to get started :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back