Pink Lemonade

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my favorite coral in my tank, grew it from 1” frag, took about 18 months to reach this size.
Pls provide input if the color is good for a Pink Lemonade

My parameter: Alk 9.0; Ca 400; pH 8.3; Nitrate and Phosphate close to 0. I am always worry that my Nitrate and PO4 are too low but I have algae growth on the glass that I clean every couple days so may not be too low. I use salifert to test and my sps corals growth are mostly fine except several pieces STN for no reasons

thanks

A9116365-9FE5-4A4E-B200-F99548C33247.jpeg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this acropora, they show fantastic pe and great growth, with nice coloration.

I got my colony from Battlecorals, and can not wait to get another.

pinklemonadereef2reef.jpg

pingzing47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this acropora, they show fantastic pe and great growth, with nice coloration.

I got my colony from Battlecorals, and can not wait to get another.

pinklemonadereef2reef.jpg
I have one that grew from a tiny piece about 18 months ago. Dragging a couple pieces now. Love it

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this frag from battle corals and it just started growing well for me. ( had it a year lol) is this pink lemonade? It's that yellow color like yours with pink tips

IMG_6032.JPG

pingzing47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this frag from battle corals and it just started growing well for me. ( had it a year lol) is this pink lemonade? It's that yellow color like yours with pink tips

IMG_6032.JPG
It doesn't look like pink lemonade to me, but I might be wrong. Hard to tell from the picture.

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I tried for about 10 minutes to get a better one. Here's another, it's more pink than purple as seen . Didn't mean to hijack but you guys seemed like the right group to ask lol, thanks

IMG_6049.JPG

Last edited:

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is my favorite coral in my tank, grew it from 1” frag, took about 18 months to reach this size.
Pls provide input if the color is good for a Pink Lemonade

That certainly looks very healthy,nice job...........it's hard to tell from the quality of the pic if the colors are good.

This is one of the few corals that actually is yellow. added to the pink polyps, hence the popular name.

If your coral has this type of yellow and light pink polyps than your colors look good. I don't have the great polyp extension you do to really show off the pink polyps.

pink lemonade by Big E 52, on Flickr

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That certainly looks very healthy,nice job...........it's hard to tell from the quality of the pic if the colors are good.

This is one of the few corals that actually is yellow. added to the pink polyps, hence the popular name.

If your coral has this type of yellow and light pink polyps than your colors look good. I don't have the great polyp extension you do to really show off the pink polyps.

pink lemonade by Big E 52, on Flickr
Mine is nowhere near this level of color or PE, what sort of light/flow is this in and what all do you dose?

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to gauge the color from the pic, but the polyp extension is great. Here is a picture of mine. Sometimes it is yellow and sometimes there is a hint of green in the yellow.

pink lemonade 110417 by Big Jim, on Flickr

OP
OP
mrtian97

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Radion LED, my pink polyp is light pink, the yellow body has greenish tinr

Back