Pink Tabling acro Frag turning Green

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just alk, NO3, and PO4.

Why are you dosing iron? What else are you dosing?

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am dosing the whole red sea color program which includes potassium,iron,iodine and minor trace elements. I dose in equal ml's.
Salinity: 1.023(I know its low got to bring it up slowly)
Alk: later today
Calc: later today
Mag:eek:ver 1500(cant test any higher)
Nitrate:2ppm
Phosphate:.05
Potassium: 446
Iodine:.06

i was looking just right now the coral seems to be turning froma bright green to a dull pink. I hope that is good.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. Yeah just be careful. You probably don't need more than just water changes for trace elements. You don't have a large amount of SPS growing like crazy. Even those that do don't dose anything (major named vendors).

I would keep your NO3 5-10 if you're going to push the alk level and lighting.

All I run is rock, skimmer, and fish poop. Excluding th calcium reactor and water changes. I'll dose phos if it's getting low. That's it. Sometimes simpler is better. Especially until your established and thriving. Then you can play. Running a color program when things aren't even thete yet can overdose things you can't test for. FWIW. You also don't need to spend as much on supplies lol.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your missing out on a lot of benefits of doing WCs. I think you're adding a layer of conplexity that doesn't need to exist, and I wouldn't say that what you're doing is at all comparable to triton. Humor the idea, do a 20% WC this week and next, and then one 20% WC biweekly for a month without dosing and I bet you'll see a drastic improvement compared to your current method.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I might try it out on the 55gallon since it is smaller and I do not use a lot of water. Im going to see if I have some crazy PE tonight hopefully I was thinking around 1. Is that a good time? the light shut off at 11 so then it is pitch black until 9 the next day.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime before they get the initial hit of light is fine. They'll be at their peak right before lights on.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just checkced alk and calc
alk is 9.69
calc is 422
im going to check in the dead of night.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the nutrients up. You're low for that high of an alk.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Checked the coral last night...I didn't see any polyp extension except for the red dragon. But the red dragon has PE even with lights on. Corals that are bushy in my tank were just sticks and the pink table had less PE then with the lights on. I know people say that you should have crazy polyp extension at night but if corals are getting enough food during the day do they really need to extend the polyps. I know polyps is for respiration as well but I just don't know what to think about this.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked the coral last night...I didn't see any polyp extension except for the red dragon. But the red dragon has PE even with lights on. Corals that are bushy in my tank were just sticks and the pink table had less PE then with the lights on. I know people say that you should have crazy polyp extension at night but if corals are getting enough food during the day do they really need to extend the polyps. I know polyps is for respiration as well but I just don't know what to think about this.
It's a natural response irrespective of feeding. My tanks get fed like pigs. PM meyour number. I took a video of poly extension for you. I can send you one layer of day lights too.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could you fix your problem? I have same issue since I have the radion g5 pink and yellow corals turn green. I suspect to much blue or violet? or maybe I should the light more strong,I
'm around 250-300 par

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
could you fix your problem? I have same issue since I have the radion g5 pink and yellow corals turn green. I suspect to much blue or violet? or maybe I should the light more strong,I
'm around 250-300 par
What is your nutrients at. While light intensity can be an issue mine was more of a nutrient issue.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nitrate around 15-25 , phosphate between 0,08-0,2. I struggle a bit with phosphate to keep the down.What was your nutrient issue?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 62 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.4%
Back