Plant MH grow lights

Blitzrunner83

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2023
Messages
41
Reaction score
18
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any reason these can’t be used instead of a $300-$400 “reef” pendant if you change the bulbs?
20251023_155311_E3EE1F23-8248-4AE8-99BA-9EF7B650F40F.png

20251023_155311_ABCF2EDE-C9DB-4812-9D70-BBD6A90F8C21.png
 
That depends. Is it it HPS (high pressure sodium) or is it MH (metal halide)?

Looking at the bulb, it appears to be high-pressure sodium. If that’s the case, I don’t think it would be compatible with any bulbs suitable for a Reef.
 
You can find cheap, larger, more efficient metal halide reflectors online. I would go with one of those.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new