Plate Coral Care

Reefer37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I have never owned a plate coral, but a local hobbiest is selling some I couldn't pass up. I could use some advice on lighting, flow, and I've read mixed things on putting on rockwork or in the sand. I prefer in the sandbed, my concern is him getting knocked over or moved by my conch who seems to like to do that to corals that aren't glued down. Lol

Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated!

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I have never owned a plate coral, but a local hobbiest is selling some I couldn't pass up. I could use some advice on lighting, flow, and I've read mixed things on putting on rockwork or in the sand. I prefer in the sandbed, my concern is him getting knocked over or moved by my conch who seems to like to do that to corals that aren't glued down. Lol

Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Hi! Definitely watch him in regards to your conch, but don’t glue him down they like to scoot around a bit :). Feeding him is recommended but not necessary, cool to watch tho. Light, good perams, not covered in sand, and you’re goot to go!

OP
OP
Reefer37

Reefer37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Definitely watch him in regards to your conch, but don’t glue him down they like to scoot around a bit :). Feeding him is recommended but not necessary, cool to watch tho. Light, good perams, not covered in sand, and you’re goot to go!
I'm wondering if maybe putting him in a pvc pipe slightly above the sand level with sand and all in it might help, but not sure. Conch only seems to move around at night most of the time. Do they have long sweepers at night?

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if maybe putting him in a pvc pipe slightly above the sand level with sand and all in it might help, but not sure. Conch only seems to move around at night most of the time. Do they have long sweepers at night?
Nope, I haven’t seen/seen the effects of any at least.

Back