Plate Coral Care

Reefer37

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Messages
364
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I have never owned a plate coral, but a local hobbiest is selling some I couldn't pass up. I could use some advice on lighting, flow, and I've read mixed things on putting on rockwork or in the sand. I prefer in the sandbed, my concern is him getting knocked over or moved by my conch who seems to like to do that to corals that aren't glued down. Lol

Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated!
 
Hey guys, so I have never owned a plate coral, but a local hobbiest is selling some I couldn't pass up. I could use some advice on lighting, flow, and I've read mixed things on putting on rockwork or in the sand. I prefer in the sandbed, my concern is him getting knocked over or moved by my conch who seems to like to do that to corals that aren't glued down. Lol

Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Hi! Definitely watch him in regards to your conch, but don’t glue him down they like to scoot around a bit :). Feeding him is recommended but not necessary, cool to watch tho. Light, good perams, not covered in sand, and you’re goot to go!
 
Hi! Definitely watch him in regards to your conch, but don’t glue him down they like to scoot around a bit :). Feeding him is recommended but not necessary, cool to watch tho. Light, good perams, not covered in sand, and you’re goot to go!
I'm wondering if maybe putting him in a pvc pipe slightly above the sand level with sand and all in it might help, but not sure. Conch only seems to move around at night most of the time. Do they have long sweepers at night?
 
I'm wondering if maybe putting him in a pvc pipe slightly above the sand level with sand and all in it might help, but not sure. Conch only seems to move around at night most of the time. Do they have long sweepers at night?
Nope, I haven’t seen/seen the effects of any at least.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new