Plating Monti loosing color

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 red Monti plates that were transferred over from a smaller tank. Now both are loosing their color. I know the PAR is the same where I placed them.

Phos- .06
Nitrate- 10
cal and mag are normal levels

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are both tanks running the same light? sometimes same par but different spectrum can yield vastly different colors.

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I finally mounted my plates to the top of my rock structure and put some more flow over it. This weekend ill be doing a water change ~30gallons (175g system) Im also trying to up my salinity from 1.024 to 1.025 or 1.026 over time.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is common for montis to loss some color when moved to a different environment. They usually color back up after a month or two of acclimation. I even have one monti (a WWC grafted monti) that has decided that most of its green should now be orange in its current location. It is literally changing from an all green frag to mostly orange. Not just new growth but on the existing plate. Just watch them to be sure they aren't losing flesh. Montis are very resilient but like most sentient life it needs to find its 'happy spot' in its new location.

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No lost flesh on these. I think they are still growing actually just a loss of color is all.
I bought a tiny little quarter sized piece and now I have two large pieces that have grown from it. I love how resilient they are

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back