Please critic my stocking list

Diveks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So from my previous thread you can see that ive been having a really bad aiptasia problem and had to restart my tank. This tank’s specs are:
- dimensions: 81 x 26 x 24”
- 210 gallons
- sump is 3/4 of the tank.
- 50 gal fuge (just in case)
- over qualified skimmer
- sulfur reactor
- media reactor

Ive given away all my fish from the previous build and ive started planning my aquascape, invert, and fish. I want it to be an lps dominant tank so the fish are preferably reef safe. So heres my stocking list, feel free to tell me what to not add and what i should add to it.

First batch:
- yasha goby & pistol shrimp pair
- royal gramma
- occellaris clownfish pair
- skunk cleaner shrimp

Second batch:
- 2 firefish
- 5 lyretail anthias

Third batch:
- carpenter flasher wrasse
- naoko fairy wrasse
- tono’s fairy wrasse
- bellus angelfish

fifth batch:
- magnificent foxfish
- hippo tang
- yellow tang

is my tank big and the filtration enough for my list and will any of the fish there cause any trouble.

Last edited:

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonos and naokos fairy wrasses are some of the more very agressive fairy wrasses towards other fairys/flashers, so there will most likely be an issue with them bullying the carpenters flasher and probably the firefish too and less dominant anthias (similar and smaller peaceful planktonivores in general may be bullied)

OP
OP
Diveks

Diveks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonos and naokos fairy wrasses are some of the more very agressive fairy wrasses towards other fairys/flashers, so there will most likely be an issue with them bullying the carpenters flasher and probably the firefish too and less dominant anthias (similar and smaller peaceful planktonivores in general may be bullied)
Hm i knew that they were agressive when i researched them, people said it would be better for me to have a non agressive one so they dont fight to death but i guess i feel bad having the carpenter be bullied. Any suggestion for a more peaceful wrasse that will go along with the carpenter?

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fairy wrasses in green should be fine if yourw looking for a different fairy

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halichoeres iridis, melasmopomus, chrysus and similair are all pretty peaceful and good for pest control.
Pretty much any other flasher wrasse too.
When the tank is more mature leopard wrasses, pencil wrasses and tamarin wrasses are all peaceful as a whole but more touchy, though using an acclimation box is always recommended when mixing and adding mew wrasses.
There are many other species so if you find one you can always ask about it

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really like the naokos, having a group of maybe 5 or so fairys and flashers, which is very doable in that tank size, will help spread out its agression and you may be able to keep it successfully, however i cant say this for certain

OP
OP
Diveks

Diveks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fairy wrasses in green should be fine if yourw looking for a different fairy
Thanks ill look at more of the green wrasses. I saw the post before posting mine, never knew that they were so mean though.
If you really like the naokos, having a group of maybe 5 or so fairys and flashers, which is very doable in that tank size, will help spread out its agression and you may be able to keep it successfully, however i cant say this for certain
I would love to have more wrasses, ill have think more about that.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ill look at more of the green wrasses. I saw the post before posting mine, never knew that they were so mean though.

I would love to have more wrasses, ill have think more about that.
By green wrasses i mean ones in the chart that have their names in a green box incase ive confused you lol

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My personal favourites of the fairys which are all peaceful include the rhomboid, brunneus, lineatus, pintail, lunatus, johnsoni, jordani, exquisite

Bapeluso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know exactly how to post previous threads on here, but I'd run the wrasses by @evolved. He knows pretty much everything about wrasses and would probably be more than willing to assist. He posted a thread with a rather complete description of each typ of wrasse in each classification including price points and levels of aggression. It's definitely worth reading for your questions and just interesting knowledge to learn. As for the rest of the stocking list, it sounds like a well thought out plan IMO

JayLu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I love firefish, the ones I have had in the past were always too timid to compete for food with the other fish similar to ones you listed, and eventually faded away.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add more flasher. Two or three. I would not recommend Tono Fairy, however the Naoko is such a beautiful fish and small. I would put him in last, let other fairy and flasher establish and do well first.

I really love my Naoko and Bluethroat fairy, but I have a larger tank with a lot of wrasses in it, not just 3-4 of them like you plan to have.

OP
OP
Diveks

Diveks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I love firefish, the ones I have had in the past were always too timid to compete for food with the other fish similar to ones you listed, and eventually faded away.
Ill rethink the firefish then
I would add more flasher. Two or three. I would not recommend Tono Fairy, however the Naoko is such a beautiful fish and small. I would put him in last, let other fairy and flasher establish and do well first.

I really love my Naoko and Bluethroat fairy, but I have a larger tank with a lot of wrasses in it, not just 3-4 of them like you plan to have.
Im not sure i will keep either of them. Ill consider some other wrasses

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back