OP
OP
Dave Mrnak

Dave Mrnak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew I wanted to build a cabinet to house as much as I could and attempt to keep it clean.

I did make it a little bigger than intened wooops!

I used 3/4" red oak plywood 2 sheets. I made the back wall to be in the middle so I have 10" in the back to tidy my cords and to house my chemicals for dosing and battery backup. I used a hole saw for the cords and im really impressed with how it turned out. The door still needs to jave a piece of glass thrown on it and my doser to be hooked up.
20181202_162848.jpeg
20181202_164103.jpeg
20181202_170249.jpeg

OP
OP
Dave Mrnak

Dave Mrnak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as inside the tank, all I did was grab two maxspect gyre 250's. Man do these things push out flow. Im currently running the lunar setting. Still playing around with them.
20181202_163823.jpeg
20181202_163918.jpeg

OP
OP
Dave Mrnak

Dave Mrnak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats really it for now. Oh yea I got a new family member. The non fish kind.

Still to do
Fill the refugium.
Put glass on cabinet.
Currently in the process of making my quarantine tanks (2), I will be using @HotRocks recently published post on quarntine procedures
Frag tank
Stocking list.( this is where I look for guidance) hoping to have this out soon so you guys can give me your insight for order of introducing fish.

It has been a pleasure to document my progress. Although the thread lost interest I hope it can regain.

I will continue to use this thread for all my updates to come. So feel free to subscribe and watch my journey into the reefing community
#happyreefing
20181125_190407.jpeg

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when are you going to have time to lift weights with all your new reefing responsibilities?

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may not have got many replies but I did enjoy reading about your new tank. I'm about a year into this saltwater "thing" and share your enthusiasm.

OP
OP
Dave Mrnak

Dave Mrnak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when are you going to have time to lift weights with all your new reefing responsibilities?
Hahah isn't that the truth. Me and my wife are home bodies. So unless it is hunting season we mainly stay around the house with our now 2 dogs. So plenty of time to lift and run!

OP
OP
Dave Mrnak

Dave Mrnak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may not have got many replies but I did enjoy reading about your new tank. I'm about a year into this saltwater "thing" and share your enthusiasm.
Thanks bossman, I really appreciate it. Did you do a build thread as well? I would love to read through the post!

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bossman, I really appreciate it. Did you do a build thread as well? I would love to read through the post!

I have not put a build thread on R2R but I do have a Red Sea Reefer 425xl I'm about to set up. I'm not sure how much interest it will generate as it's a pretty stock build with not as many bells and whistles as there are on some of the more advanced tanks.

But, I may still post about it here so those that may have some interest in the Red Sea set ups can see what this kind of tank is all about. I have a Red Sea Max 170, and 260 and really like them both.

OP
OP
Dave Mrnak

Dave Mrnak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:
So my heater probe was at max length for my cabinet. Whenever I decided to pull the cabinet out to get to the back I would have to disconnect the heater probe.
So I bought an aquabus 15ft cable and the PM1 module to daisy them together.

Also, I had seeded my tank with the refugium components. Marine Pure block, bacteria booster. Chaeto and pods. Cant wait to grow the population to where I want it.
See below for pictures!
20181213_132332.jpeg
20181213_132311.jpeg
20181213_143930.jpeg
20181213_143923.jpeg

OP
OP
Dave Mrnak

Dave Mrnak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys here is the stocking list. Will be adding these 31 fish in 11 different stages. Quarantining together in a 29G tank using the double tank method by @HotRocks. Tell me what you think. I researched extensively, so I feel my selection and grouping is accurate. By all means though, add any info you see fit.

For awareness, I have a Refugium with Marine Pure Block and Chaeto, GFO reactor, Carbon Reactor, and skimmer. This coupled with having a mixed reef, I feel as though the stocking list is not too heavy for my 225G DT and 75G sump.

My only question is, does anyone have guidance on adding two difference clown species together for a total of 4 fish.

1. 4 Black Axle Chromis
3 Blue Reef Chromis
3 Black and White Chromis

2. 2 Royal Gamma Basset

3. 1 Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse
1 Labout’s Fairy Wrasse

4. 1 Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
1 Leopard Wrasse

5. 4 clowns. 2 Black Ice 2 Lightning Maroon

6. 2 Lyretail Anthias

7. 2 Kaudern’s Cardinal Fish

8. 1 Annularis Angle Fish
1Regal Angelfish

9. 1 Yellow Belly Regal Tang
1 Blonde Naso Tang
1 Achilles Tang

10. 1 Humu Picasso Triggerfish

After about 9 months of cultivating my pod population
11. 1 Red Mandarin peaceful

Thanks for taking a look and happy reefing!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5. 4 clowns. 2 Black Ice 2 Lightning Maroon

... :rolleyes:

That's not going to work. Only do clowns in pairs of "two" and they have to be a male and female of the same species.

Get them tiny and only one pair, per reef.

Otherwise it's going to be an out right war... :eek:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back