Please Help identifying something in my sand bed

sideways

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Location
pipersville
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone first time poster here, I just seen this thing in my sand bed and I want to know if I should remove it or im hoping its a beneficial critter and not a pest and it can stay? fingers crossed took two pics one of it closed (spooked) other open and filtering food, at least that’s what it looked like to me

this is it closed

AC946B4E-1D93-471A-AFFE-DEEE365B2226.jpeg

This is it open
FF03D5FA-E899-41EB-8236-1C485A235BFA.jpeg
 
Im thinking tube worm which uses fan to capture food. Reach underneath it with a old credit card and discard
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new