Please help me identify this.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kalin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kalin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2018
Messages
48
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little new at all of this but a few months ago a friend gave me this cause I wanted something to show movement in the tank but he never told me what it was

9EF4AC4C-A3C2-49B1-83CC-17FE11ECDC39.jpeg
 
Yea that’s it. Thank you was hoping he didn’t give me a weed or something cause it grows like crazy so I had to make a island for it
 
Yea that’s it. Thank you was hoping he didn’t give me a weed or something cause it grows like crazy so I had to make a island for it


It's a weed by most people's standards. Keep it contained or get rid of it would be my suggestion... However, it's not as invasive as Xenia and other close type polyps.
 
Problem I found with it was it doesn’t come off the rocks easily like Xenia does, which makes it harder to get rid of. I like the look of the island of anthelia so I hope it works for you.
 
Keep it away from your other corals, it’ll take them over.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new