OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She swims like that cuz she isn’t acclimated well and simply looking to escape. Atm, all you can do is to leave her alone but make sure she has a PVC to hide in.
Okay thank you. Im super mad at myself for just putting her in there like that

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thank you. Im super mad at myself for just putting her in there like that
Im still learning that reactions can be bad in saltwater vs just waiting and observing. Guess the first responder in me is kinda a downfall for that stuff cause our first reaction is immediate action in a stressful situation!

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky for you you seem to have a healthy fat fish, for now just turn off the lights and let it rest, the air stone should help and some shelter too, if you have detritus in the tank don't make a move in the sand again until the fish stabilize, that will last a few days, I would also make a call to attention to the place where you ordered the regal angel for having advanced your order.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky for you you seem to have a healthy fat fish, for now just turn off the lights and let it rest, the air stone should help and some shelter too, if you have detritus in the tank don't make a move in the sand again until the fish stabilize, that will last a few days, I would also make a call to attention to the place where you ordered the regal angel for having advanced your order.
Yeah I for sure will. Shes an orange variant too

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Parameters in the bio-cube seem fine. It was probably a whole heck of a lot better than the high ammonia in the water it came in. Mixing the water it came in with the the other water in a bucket is probably a big contributor to what is going on now. Everything should be fine in the morning. just watch your ammonia levels in the tank, They may raise slightly because you have not had a bioload in there for a bit.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Parameters in the bio-cube seem fine. It was probably a whole heck of a lot better than the high ammonia in the water it came in. Mixing the water it came in with the the other water in a bucket is probably a big contributor to what is going on now. Everything should be fine in the morning. just watch your ammonia levels in the tank, They may raise slightly because you have not had a bioload in there for a bit.
Thank you!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I for sure will. Shes an orange variant too
Good. Red Sea fish always seem to come in healthier. Good luck. WWC has had good customer support with me so hopefully you’ll get some answers on why they sent it at the wrong time.

desert fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm happy to hear that she is doing better. I want to ask about the pvc how does it work and how do you clean before adding to theacclimation box

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm happy to hear that she is doing better. I want to ask about the pvc how does it work and how do you clean before adding to theacclimation box
I dont have pvc pipe. I put an oversized coffee cup in and she loves to hang in it. I also have some of the rock with holes in there common found in freshwater tanks and the fish like to hang out in those as well. Shes a little big for those though

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay i was just asking i'v seen a few videos and pictures of them been used in the boxes i just haven't use one my self
Me neither, this tank was a nano but Ive had nothing but issues keeping corals in there with the equipment and lighting so I converted it to a makeshift QT

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay everyone here she is!! Pretty sure shes got some ich going on from stress, so Im treating her for that. She loves clams and is eating the frozen food Im giving her very well! Shes a beautiful orange belly. Im going to name her Annabelle after the first regal I didnt have time with due to my crash. Excuse the tank, since I didnt have time to fully clean and re do it for her with the early delivery its not pretty and I dont want to go doing stuff and stress her out either.

Attachments

• IMG_2219.jpeg
    IMG_2219.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2217.jpeg
    IMG_2217.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 65

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay everyone here she is!! Pretty sure shes got some ich going on from stress, so Im treating her for that. She loves clams and is eating the frozen food Im giving her very well! Shes a beautiful orange belly. Im going to name her Annabelle after the first regal I didnt have time with due to my crash. Excuse the tank, since I didnt have time to fully clean and re do it for her with the early delivery its not pretty and I dont want to go doing stuff and stress her out either.
Looks like Lymphocystis. Pretty common for new angels and usually nothing to be worried about.

bshonesy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would post this in the Fish Disease forum so those guys can help you. You’re going to get a lot of expertise there from Jay and Vettguy.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Lymphocystis. Pretty common for new angels and usually nothing to be worried about.

I agree but need to know if she scratches or swims funny or on the surface or against the powerhead.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also thinking about lympho, although the spots on his tail make me doubtful, they may be too big for cryptocarion, however his fish looks healthy and probably not a big concern.

Back