Please help with my regal

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also thinking about lympho, although the spots on his tail make me doubtful, they may be too big for cryptocarion, however his fish looks healthy and probably not a big concern.
Don’t lympho also show up on tail?

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clean ur glass bro lol
Yeah best I could do in a hurry since they didnt give me time to set it up properly!!! Didnt want to stress her more messing with it. I hate this point of sale tank anyways. My two display tanks have crystal clean glass haha

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like Lymphocystis. Pretty common for new angels and usually nothing to be worried about.

I don't see how you can tell if those spots are from the glass or on the fish.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shes got 3 dots on her tail and one on her top fin. Does look like the pictures in that link @Slocke posted. Ill tag @vetteguy53081 @Jay Hemdal @MnFish1 to see of they know. I assumed ich, but I always treat my fish in QT for ich and velvet. She has a good appetite too

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Okay everyone here she is!! Pretty sure shes got some ich going on from stress, so Im treating her for that. She loves clams and is eating the frozen food Im giving her very well! Shes a beautiful orange belly. Im going to name her Annabelle after the first regal I didnt have time with due to my crash. Excuse the tank, since I didnt have time to fully clean and re do it for her with the early delivery its not pretty and I dont want to go doing stuff and stress her out either.
Classic case of lympho which affects butterflies and large angels most common. Lymphocystis is a condition and not disease. Often its associated with water quality issue as simple as elevated ammonia or nitrate and can be that of water from LFS and not yours. Assure to provide Good water quality monitored by a reliable test kit and feed nutritious food with fats such as LRS fish frenzy, small plankton and mysis shrimp.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shes got 3 dots on her tail and one on her top fin. Does look like the pictures in that link @Slocke posted. Ill tag @vetteguy53081 @Jay Hemdal @MnFish1 to see of they know. I assumed ich, but I always treat my fish in QT for ich and velvet. She has a good appetite too
Glad it is eating well for you. The spots I can see look too large to be ich, and are pretty classic Lymphocystis. However, there could easily be ich trophonts in the mix, so keep an eye out for small spots that come and go….lymphocystis will stay in the same spot for weeks.
Jay

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it is eating well for you. The spots I can see look too large to be ich, and are pretty classic Lymphocystis. However, there could easily be ich trophonts in the mix, so keep an eye out for small spots that come and go….lymphocystis will stay in the same spot for weeks.
Jay
Classic case of lympho which affects butterflies and large angels most common. Lymphocystis is a condition and not disease. Often its associated with water quality issue as simple as elevated ammonia or nitrate and can be that of water from LFS and not yours. Assure to provide Good water quality monitored by a reliable test kit and feed nutritious food with fats such as LRS fish frenzy, small plankton and mysis shrimp.
Will do thank you! I feed her a clam on the half shell daily for her to pick at and two times a day with frozen hikiri sponge food, algae, mysis, reef frenzy and blood worms. Currently out of plankton, I have ordered some but I give her some brine shrimp as a sub until that comes!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on Annabelle! Shes doing so good and is in the DT! Shes a super active angel and always out and about! Hangs out with Flo (my PBT) all the time!

Attachments

• IMG_2377.png
    IMG_2377.png
    917.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2373.png
    IMG_2373.png
    621.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2365.jpeg
    IMG_2365.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 37

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on Annabelle! Shes doing so good and is in the DT! Shes a super active angel and always out and about! Hangs out with Flo (my PBT) all the time!
Did her QT get cut short as well?

How’s the tusk doing?

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did her QT get cut short as well?

How’s the tusk doing?
Yes I had to, having a mechanical issue with my 32 biocube that I use for QT. Cant figure out whats up with it but the water circulation is horrible and I dont have an extra wave maker/pump that would fit in the tank, so it was better for her to just go into the DT when that broke. She is loving it and has been in there for a while now. In fact shes getting fatter by the day!

The tusk has normal breathing now but still is cowering in a cave. Eats some food that comes towards him so I try to spot feed him but the baster freaks him out still. I just think he is very traumatized from Flo in my other tank and freaks out when he sees another fish. None have bullied him, my mel wrasse in that tank actually has taken to swimming around his cave, almost like he is standing guard! Im hopeful for him as he gets more comfortable. Noticed the tail strike wound looks way better too. Unfortunately Nala scares the s—- out of him cause shes a very curious lionfish and wants to see him but he doesnt want any other fish close to him

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I had to, having a mechanical issue with my 32 biocube that I use for QT. Cant figure out whats up with it but the water circulation is horrible and I dont have an extra wave maker/pump that would fit in the tank, so it was better for her to just go into the DT when that broke. She is loving it and has been in there for a while now. In fact shes getting fatter by the day!

The tusk has normal breathing now but still is cowering in a cave. Eats some food that comes towards him so I try to spot feed him but the baster freaks him out still. I just think he is very traumatized from Flo in my other tank and freaks out when he sees another fish. None have bullied him, my mel wrasse in that tank actually has taken to swimming around his cave, almost like he is standing guard! Im hopeful for him as he gets more comfortable. Noticed the tail strike wound looks way better too. Unfortunately Nala scares the s—- out of him cause shes a very curious lionfish and wants to see him but he doesnt want any other fish close to him
Petco has a sale on tanks today. Good for QT

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco has a sale on tanks today. Good for QT
Dang missed out on a lot of labor day sales cause my job is dumb and pays me on the 7th (angry face)!! I see really cool biocube and I wanted one then was like what the heck this is kind of a piece of S

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice ending…..
Thank you! I was checking on her all night and stuff. Those spots that others said was lymp-something that is common with angels went away within 5 minutes of being acclimated to the DT. Shes for sure my center piece fish with her colors and activity!

Shes also a goofy fish, loves to swim sideways when shes picking stuff off the rocks, its really odd. Then when she picks whatever she saw she goes back to swimming like a normal fish like nothing happened lol

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back