Plumbing a UV sterilizer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fezbearer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fezbearer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2020
Messages
465
Reaction score
1,323
Location
Silicon Valley
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question. When calculating head pressure loss, do I need to just add up the areas in yellow and the three 90° angles?

EFA36811-A07A-406F-BA11-CE2580E3B91D.png
 
I have a question. When calculating head pressure loss, do I need to just add up the areas in yellow and the three 90° angles?

EFA36811-A07A-406F-BA11-CE2580E3B91D.png
You would also subtract the 'white area' - which is acting by gravity. I do not know how you would calculate the 'resistance' within the UV itself (which should be extremely small) - Since where your pump is - is not shown its hard to answer the question - I would not worry about the intake and outputs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new