Plumbing looks odd on 135.4

Citycop89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I spent some time setting up the plumbing, putting skinner together etc. I’m anticipating putting water in this coming Saturday, after months and months of waiting (build thread to follow). This picture is of the plumbing on the 135.4. My issue is the way the main overflow looks. Obviously it is not level and rises slightly on its way to the sump. This doesn’t seem right and would not allow all the air out of the system. Any input? It should run parallel with the emergency overflow based on looking at the plumbing diagrams.

FYI, I checked to make sure the overflow was seated properly through the bottom of the tank. No cross threads. No other signs of problems.

Thank you for the anticipated help!
9FE40E36-898A-4105-953C-83F00262169B.jpeg

blizzardscout2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks to me like the lower backup overflow that one of the down pieces of pipe too short. If you added another 1" it might be straight. Is the main overflow resting on the lower one? If so that may be straight once the lower is lengthened. I would send waterbox an email with this photo too. And congrats on the Waterbox. This one looks amazing. I am setting up the Cube 15 for my son and I am impressed. Take care.

OP
OP
C

Citycop89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ball valve on the main overflow is touching the emergency drain. I positioned them off set from the unions to separate the two and it didn’t solve the angle of the drain. Unfortunately this is the plumbing that came with the tank and I can’t take it apart to try and fix it, odd sizes too. Thanks for the reply.

I emailed water box with the picture and just waiting on a response. They have been awesome to deal with so far. Hoping this can be solved or I may be ordering some adapters from BRS and do my own plumbing.

OP
OP
C

Citycop89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox got back to me. I was informed that the positioning of the plumbing will not effect the silent operation. Going to move forward with water this Saturday :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back