Plumbing question

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newbie plumbing question,is it ok to slide vinyl tubing over straight pvc and use clamps or do I have to use a barbed fitting to slide the tubing over,reason I ask is I purchased some 3/4" barb insert x slip 90 degree fittings and the slip end seems very loose in the 3 /4" bulkhead, the pvc pipe seems to be a snugger fit,will the barb fitting be ok with the primer and glue? or should I just use straight pvc and a 90 degree elbow?,hope this makes sence.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the barb, if it is loose then it might be the wrong sized barb fitting for the tubing. A lot times I have to us a hairdryer to soften the tubing to get it over the barb and I still use the plastic clamps on it.

OP
OP
R

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the barb, if it is loose then it might be the wrong sized barb fitting for the tubing. A lot times I have to us a hairdryer to soften the tubing to get it over the barb and I still use the plastic clamps on it.
Thanks bud,but it's the other end of the barb fitting,the slip end that is not that snug in the bulkhead,both the bulkhead and the barb fitting are 3/4" .

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back