POLL: Foxface VS Rabbitfish! Which one do you prefer?

Foxface or Rabbitfish?

• Foxface!

Votes: 63 50.8%
  • Rabbitfish!

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • I don't like either.

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • They're both awesome!

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • I don't know much about these guys.

Votes: 13 10.5%

• Total voters

Reefdiculous22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My one spot would not touch meat. Definitely a herbivore except for my fireworks coral.
My one spot would not touch meat. Definitely a herbivore except for my fireworks coral.

I was using the lrs herbivore frozen. Maybe that’s why he would eat that. I even put him in the sump and fed him heavily hoping when I put him back in the display he would be good, but as soon as I put him back in he went straight for the Duncan. He just had a thing for it I guess. Lol

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
El Gigantor & Foxy

20211112_084850_HDR~2.jpg

The Gold Spot Rabbit went to the LFS, had to give it up, got too big 7"+ and started munching on corals. Lost the Foxface Lo to flukes.
How do you like that blenny? I'm thinking of getting one in a few weeks

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a magnificent yesterday as I love foxes and will have one in every tank big enough. Unfortunately my tank is very reflective. Any advice on how to stop it hating itself?
IMG_4347.jpeg

Edit: sounds like I'm asking for a ish therapist lol

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like either. If I was to get one, it would have to be the magnificent foxface but right now they're too pricey.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had several of each and have to say I prefer the foxface. Rabbits grow very quickly, get very large, and eat everything. One of them even ate the tentacles from my duncans and probably munched on a few other things. Rabbits do look nice but overall I'll take the foxface every time (going forward).

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a magnificent yesterday as I love foxes and will have one in every tank big enough. Unfortunately my tank is very reflective. Any advice on how to stop it hating itself?
IMG_4347.jpeg

I'm shocked it hasn't spooked itself. Give it a few days or place some food out n about, it will go be a pig and forget it's image, lol.

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4347.jpeg

The dog face at work does this all the time. Sometimes he'll even almost miss feeding because he's too caught up in his own reflection. Not sure if this is an issue; as someone else mentioned this behavior will straighten out once it sees some grub : )

Mr Krabbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My orange spot rabbit grew 4x his original size in less than a year. His name is Wilbur and he is a pig. He's the biggest fish in my system 3 fold, but is picked on by everyone. Especially by the Clown Tang. He's always been a bit timid. He grazes far more than the tangs and eats his algae sheets like it's a contest knocking the magnet loose at least once a week. Never touched any corals. Here's a before and after 10 months apart (first shot is terrible, but you get the point)

Attachments

• RF before.jpg
    RF before.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 21
  • wilbur.jpg
    wilbur.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 26

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here been stung by both a typical rabbitfish and a fox face? If so is the pain the same? I have a rabbit fish now he hasn't touched the bubble algae and he's not shy at all. I had a fox face and he loved bubble algae but was skittish and eventually successfully tile dived into the great beyond finally. One time he did it in front of me and I reflexively picked him up.. worst pain I've ever went through including broken bones.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here been stung by both a typical rabbitfish and a fox face? If so is the pain the same? I have a rabbit fish now he hasn't touched the bubble algae and he's not shy at all. I had a fox face and he loved bubble algae but was skittish and eventually successfully tile dived into the great beyond finally. One time he did it in front of me and I reflexively picked him up.. worst pain I've ever went through including broken bones.
I have been stung by a foxface once .
he jumped out of a bucket striking my right hand on the meaty part above your baby finger .
It instantly swelled up and throbbing pain I can’t describe .other than the worse pain I’ve ever felt .
a short time later my left side of my face felt weird
This lasted for over a week .

I want to say .. they are wonderful , my favourite fish but not to be messed with

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe everyone would react different .
I’ve read it’s sometimes compared to a bee sting .
for me a bee sting is only a little bump , stings for a min and it’s gone .

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe everyone would react different .
I’ve read it’s sometimes compared to a bee sting .
for me a bee sting is only a little bump , stings for a min and it’s gone .
It's definitely not like a bee sting for me. It starts like a hornet or bee sting but then it starts to spread like waves of intense pain, I was stung on my middle finger and the pain went from there up my arm to my face like you described. After two hours of the worst pain of my life I started googling it and happened to find the treatment. It's heat, as hot as you can tolerate. I used hot water submersion.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's definitely not like a bee sting for me. It starts like a hornet or bee sting but then it starts to spread like waves of intense pain, I was stung on my middle finger and the pain went from there up my arm to my face like you described. After two hours of the worst pain of my life I started googling it and happened to find the treatment. It's heat, as hot as you can tolerate. I used hot water submersion.
They also say urine ….
Pee on it or get someone to assist you

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a show something about pain …

they did foxface , lion fish , crown of thorns star fish . And a few other aquatic animals .
Coyote Peterson does stings on the YouTube channel Brave Wilderness. He has done the crown of thorns star fish and a Lion fish, but not a foxface AFAIK.

edit1 just saw your previous post that I was talking about a different channel. I’m not as familiar with the one you linked.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coyote Peterson does stings on the YouTube channel Brave Wilderness. He has done the crown of thorns star fish and a Lion fish, but not a foxface AFAIK.

edit1 just saw your previous post that I was talking about a different channel. I’m not as familiar with the one you

It was pretty good .
but a few years ago

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 162 61.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 91 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 45 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.2%
Back