Poll: Male or Female - Aquarist not the Fish!

Are You a Male or Female Aquarist?

• Total voters

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol no I’m pretty sure I’m female, ummm wait nope positive :). We just kinda all stand in the dark corner and listen to all the males go (but my tank has this and I have these lights and anhhhhhh I have a home wrecker and it was 90000 dollars for .24 inches :). Us females kinda look at each other and go yup I’m okay being single.

You should all know I’m kidding and main reason for me is I’m just shy and quiet. Though I’m known for never ending posts :).

Edit
wow how did this pop up for me to take the survey and not realize it has not been used in almost 3 years. Ahhh oops. I wonder how many of the people who responded still keep a reef tank and on here and active?
Sarah you are hilarious! You should really start a youtube channel, you have an amazing personality! Happy New Years!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah you are hilarious! You should really start a youtube channel, you have an amazing personality! Happy New Years!

Hello,

Lol aww thanks and i have thought about possibly a reef blog that not only helps with subjects on saltwater tanks but life also. Me on you tube nooooooo way lol. I would hide from the camera I mean I hide from the camera in family pics. Thank you for the very kind words and I hope you and your family have a very good New Years.

oh and by the way lol it’s been three years and all the guys still say (but my tank has this and oh Do you have this new coral, yup yessss sireseee I took out a second mortgage to get it. It’s that tiny little spec that glows. And the ladies look at each other and say okay so it glows.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol aww thanks and i have thought about possibly a reef blog that not only helps with subjects on saltwater tanks but life also. Me on you tube nooooooo way lol. I would hide from the camera I mean I hide from the camera in family pics. Thank you for the very kind words and I hope you and your family have a very good New Years.

oh and by the way lol it’s been three years and all the guys still say (but my tank has this and oh Do you have this new coral, yup yessss sireseee I took out a second mortgage to get it. It’s that tiny little spec that glows. And the ladies look at each other and say okay so it glows.
;Hilarious don't worry about all the hype! Just keep on doing what makes you happy! Yes I bought fancy gear, but its because it has a purpose. No second mortgage here lol.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Hilarious don't worry about all the hype! Just keep on doing what makes you happy! Yes I bought fancy gear, but its because it has a purpose. No second mortgage here lol.

Hello,

The most important thing is if it makes you happy then it can’t be too bad right. This so called fancy gear what purpose does it do. I’m still trying to find and buy one of those George jetsons robot maids. Be nice if we had a machine or device where our fish and corals could talk to us and tell us what’s wrong. We can just ask our fish to swim to the top so we can catch them and put them in qt. Yeah I’m saving up for those fancy devices, it may cost me 20 million lol but then sit back watch the tank be successful (like in finding Nemo) and the robot maid flies around cleaning the house.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

The most important thing is if it makes you happy then it can’t be too bad right. This so called fancy gear what purpose does it do. I’m still trying to find and buy one of those George jetsons robot maids. Be nice if we had a machine or device where our fish and corals could talk to us and tell us what’s wrong. We can just ask our fish to swim to the top so we can catch them and put them in qt. Yeah I’m saving up for those fancy devices, it may cost me 20 million lol but then sit back watch the tank be successful (like in finding Nemo) and the robot maid flies around cleaning the house.
Hiya,
Well for me the apex and being able to monitor my aquarium while I'm away for 9 months is a super piece of mind.
Wouldn't that be great having a Jetson maid! Oh what a dream!
I still prefer a hands on take for cleaning as it makes you be mindful of what's going on in your little slice of the ocean.

MurphyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang I wish I was on R2R in 2017... oh well I’m still gonna join in the convo :) I haven’t started a reef tank yet because I’m still in the researching process but I’m a 17 year old female soon to be reefer
Welcome to the addiction, err club! Research is key to a successful tank.

VKP01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang I wish I was on R2R in 2017... oh well I’m still gonna join in the convo :) I haven’t started a reef tank yet because I’m still in the researching process but I’m a 17 year old female soon to be reefer
Welcome! I’m 18, always nice to see more people my age ;Joyful

TracyLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Female reefer here :cool: My son is grown, no longer married & no mortgage!
I love animals, pretty things & still have enough brain cells to learn new things.
Like converting PPB to PPM when using my Hanna checker for Phosphates. ;)

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like women have a better sense of scaping corals and actually allowing them to grow and form into beautiful scenes. Most often when I see a reef that makes me really take notice it’s a woman’s tank.

Guys tend to have tanks crowded with tiny frags lol. I’m a male btw.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sorry not reading 200 posts,
opinion couples should be added to poll
comment ,love the wife 37 yrs ,my space is the reef,she has he own things :cool:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back