• Total voters

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9282a598b541afc833cc5b09a9a47b46.jpg

Right next to the tv for pure entertainment!
Me too!

F55C206B-92EA-4D18-AE5F-BD9BDBE65F5B.jpeg

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine sits pretty much dead center of the house, it has an open floor plan, living room/dining room/kitchen are all one big room under a vaulted ceiling. The tank sits next to a half wall. Pic was taken when it was cycling about seven months ago...
20170605_090701.jpg

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Additional question to those who have their tank in the living room. Does your stand sit right on the carpet or do you have something underneath it? I've always wanted to move my tank to the living room, but always worried about it being direct on carpet. Thanks!\

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system is in the basement. While I would like to have my displays on the main floor of the house the weight is too much for the floors and not being allowed to drilled holes in the floor to plumb a basement sump dictated that the system be put in the basement.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife and I have two tanks.

The awesome 90g reef tank is in a den area near the front door.

The "surprising" goldfish tank with no filter, no water changes, is located on the back porch. The porch has 3 outside walls and a screen for the forth wall. I do have 2 300w digital heaters ($20 ebay LOL) to keep the temperature above freezing. Actually had an inch of ice on the top before the heaters. Goldfish were just swimming on the water below. LOL

my .02

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years of basement tanks my reef is in my dinning room. While this can be a little problematic for maintenance, it does force me to be a lot cleaner then when I had everything in the basement. While I would go down to watch the tank everyday it was for a much shorter time. Having it in the dining room means everyday we are home for dinner, which out here in the middle of nowhere is 99% of the time we all get to enjoy the tank. Or lunch on the weekends.

The living room is great too, but in the living room you are often watching tv + looking at the tank. In the dinning room I find not only myself but my wife is looking at the tank and captivated either waiting for dinner or after dinner. I do have my fowlr in the living room as well which does work too. Practically speaking the dinning fits my reef tank best and the laundry room is directly behind so getting water to and from is very easy but I really enjoy having it there.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back