Polyp parade: Do you keep Euphyllia corals?

Do you keep Euphyllia corals?

• I currently keep euphyllia.

Votes: 412 80.9%
  • I have kept euphyllia in the past.

Votes: 38 7.5%
  • I have not kept euphyllia, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 37 7.3%
  • I have no plans to keep euphyllia.

Votes: 18 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Whether they are hammers, torches, or frogspawn, the corals that fit into the euphyllia genus are stunning! They can make great gardens and they can be stinging aggressors, but one thing is for sure – they are beautiful! Some people collect them, and others avoid them. Do you keep euphyllia corals or have you kept them in the past? Tell us about your experience with these corals, share your favorite type, and feel free to pass along any useful tips that may be helpful to others.

Pro Tip: Attention to details is key! Proper placement to provide moderate flow, moderate to high lighting, feeding, temperature consistency, observing for pests, and mitigating for chemical warfare and stinging are all part of keeping a healthy tank with euphyllia corals. Of course, their beauty and movement can make it all worthwhile!

jreef_euphyllia.jpeg

Photo by @_jreef_

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner1.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have perhaps way too many

1689086514972.png
600g progress j.jpg
660g 3.30a.jpg

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kept them in my last tank. I just see them as delicate, small, slow growing, and expensive toadstools at this point. I can see the appeal, but they don't match up with their softie counterparts.

jpughmom757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Whether they are hammers, torches, or frogspawn, the corals that fit into the euphyllia genus are stunning! They can make great gardens and they can be stinging aggressors, but one thing is for sure – they are beautiful! Some people collect them, and others avoid them. Do you keep euphyllia corals or have you kept them in the past? Tell us about your experience with these corals, share your favorite type, and feel free to pass along any useful tips that may be helpful to others.

Pro Tip: Attention to details is key! Proper placement to provide moderate flow, moderate to high lighting, feeding, temperature consistency, observing for pests, and mitigating for chemical warfare and stinging are all part of keeping a healthy tank with euphyllia corals. Of course, their beauty and movement can make it all worthwhile!

jreef_euphyllia.jpeg

Photo by @_jreef_

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner1.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”
Love my littles

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just a note:

The following species have been taxonomically reclassified into the Fimbriaphyllia genus under the Caryophylliidae family[3]

• Euphyllia ancora (Reclassified as Fimbriaphyllia ancora)Veron & Pichon, 1980 – hammer coral
  • Euphyllia divisa (Reclassified as Fimbriaphyllia divisa)Veron & Pichon, 1980 – frogspawn coral
  • Euphyllia paraancora (Reclassified as Fimbriaphyllia paraancora)Veron, 1990 – branching hammer coral
  • Euphyllia paradivisa (Reclassified as Fimbriaphyllia paradivisa)Veron, 1990 – branching frogspawn coral
  • Euphyllia yaeyamaensis (Reclassified as Fimbriaphyllia yaeyamaensis)(Shirai, 1980) - Thick branched frogspawn coral

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a note:

The following species have been taxonomically reclassified into the Fimbriaphyllia genus under the Caryophylliidae family[3]

• Euphyllia ancora (Reclassified as Fimbriaphyllia ancora)Veron & Pichon, 1980 – hammer coral
  • Euphyllia divisa (Reclassified as Fimbriaphyllia divisa)Veron & Pichon, 1980 – frogspawn coral
  • Euphyllia paraancora (Reclassified as Fimbriaphyllia paraancora)Veron, 1990 – branching hammer coral
  • Euphyllia paradivisa (Reclassified as Fimbriaphyllia paradivisa)Veron, 1990 – branching frogspawn coral
  • Euphyllia yaeyamaensis (Reclassified as Fimbriaphyllia yaeyamaensis)(Shirai, 1980) - Thick branched frogspawn coral

Ha! Made me change my vote. No Euphylia, just Fimbriaphyllia.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back