Pop Up Adds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey BRS whats up with these pop up adds everywhere?

I have been a loyal customer since you guys started. I have had your add pop up four times in a minute on the Formula One web site and had it happen a few times this morning on the weather channel site.

FYI: You are going to chase away along time customer with your overly aggressive adds that are following me.

Ryanbrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feedback is taken. Just trying something new and we will have to tweak it.

The general feedback I have received is ad space is ad space and I'd rather it be reefing than for some random item which has zero relevance to me.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to say something a month ago about adds every where.Ya, pop ups on youtube 3 times per video. Way to much.

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we talking about a banner on a website you visit or the commercials that pop-up during a youtube video?

Banners are ALL over the place. Just create a random google search before you start surfing the web and you will see nothing but those ads for the rest of the day. I looked at luggage today and that's all I'm getting right now.

In regards to youtube commercials, it helps these guys pay for the costs. I mean I been watching BRStv to try and get ahead of the learning curve. They must be spending a small fortune on their contact and that's at a wholesaler discount. Each crazy idea they have for an experiment consists of 3 setups!

I hope these guys are making a killing on their youtube contact, cause we sure as hell aren't going to find it on cable or netflix. And the same goes to R2R, hope these banners keep these guys happy for many years to come. Beats the "you need to lose weight" or "grow some hair" ads I used to get :)

OP
OP
Foothill Corals

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we talking about a banner on a website you visit or the commercials that pop-up during a youtube video?

Banners are ALL over the place. Just create a random google search before you start surfing the web and you will see nothing but those ads for the rest of the day. I looked at luggage today and that's all I'm getting right now.

In regards to youtube commercials, it helps these guys pay for the costs. I mean I been watching BRStv to try and get ahead of the learning curve. They must be spending a small fortune on their contact and that's at a wholesaler discount. Each crazy idea they have for an experiment consists of 3 setups!

I hope these guys are making a killing on their youtube contact, cause we sure as hell aren't going to find it on cable or netflix. And the same goes to R2R, hope these banners keep these guys happy for many years to come. Beats the "you need to lose weight" or "grow some hair" ads I used to get :)

The one I was referring to was a banner add that went across the whole top of the web page and every time the cursor went over the add it would open a pop up window with a BRS video in the middle of the page. It was impossible to access content without moving the cursor over the add and opening the window repeatedly. It happened on two different sites on the same day.

Maybe my gripe is more with the websites and their adverting practices.

But ya the pop ups during youtube videos are annoying to. I guess I just hate pop up adds.

Note: I only responded to answer this question I didn't mean to bring this up again.

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one I was referring to was a banner add that went across the whole top of the web page and every time the cursor went over the add it would open a pop up window

I must admit, I hate that as well. I do NOT want a banner to start blasting sound/conversation. You are 100% correct on that lol

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we all hate pop-up ads, but it's the site you visited providing them. If it wasn't a BRS ad it would have been a different one. You'd get an ad regardless.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back