Porcelain Crab questions

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a shipment today from @reefcleaners. Mainly to restock on some CUC in both my 10 gallon and 29 gallon. I decided this time to also get a Porcelain Crab. So I was just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of in terms of keeping them.

Will it be fine with being fed phytoplankton? Should it be target fed, or should it be fine with broadcast geesing the phytoplankton?

Should I be worried of one of my fish possibly trying to eat it (two clownfish, royal gramma, ruby finmed fairy wrasse)?

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's good with broadcast feeding, mine is a month old and double in size, no fish attacks.

IMG_20200724_221053.jpg

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine goes crazy for frozen brine shrimp and frozen mysis. i typically broadcast feed, but can't help squirt a little in his direction lol.

take a turkey baster to the live rock occasionally. :)

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys are pretty easygoing, and like to be kept in groups, so don't be afraid to order more next time you restock CuC.

I've never target fed mine and they do great. They do like to hide and especially when they are small they can be easy to loose track of for weeks on end.

I have a group of about 5 that hang out in ledges and cracks on one of my main rock structures.

Anthony Kochevar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank mate. These are fun to have and watch. I feed a homemade puree mixture of various commercial reef and grocery store foods twice a day. Mine knows when feeding time is and positions herself at the front of the tank in good flow to get the most food. She also accepts a VERY small piece of raw shrimp on a bamboo skewer, grabs it with her claws.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%

Back