Possible death or disease in GSP?

Stef777

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2025
Messages
32
Reaction score
15
Location
KS
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this GSP for almost a month now, and it has been thriving, and beginning to grow more. This morning, one of the sections turned black and seemingly died (I think) out of nowhere. What are the possible reasons, and what is this?

This is a temporary setup due to moving in a week and a half

IMG_2092.jpeg IMG_2093.jpeg
 
Possible accumulation of detritus or algae would be my 1st guess. GSP needs more flow than most people think it does.
 
Possible accumulation of detritus or algae would be my 1st guess. GSP needs more flow than most people think it does.
I just moved it practically right in front of the wave maker, but it seems like it is that. What would be the way to resolve this? Should I get a cleaner shrimp or is there another solution to cleaning the algae?
 
Turkey baster, higher flow and don't let algae take hold.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new