Possible intestinal worms

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a hooded fairy wrasse today and put him in QT with a lineatus wrasse, and a yellow eye kloe tang that I received Wednesday. I noticed that he had some white stringy poop. It appeared to have a thicker area. Should I just observe since this is only day one or treat? He is swimming and acting well. I’m not sure how well he eats since this is the 1st day in I haven’t fed him yet. I was going to dose PraziPro after the 1st week but I can bind it and add it to the food now. Otherwise as far as medications I have furan 2 and general cure. Besides the copper and ruby reef rally.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a hooded fairy wrasse today and put him in QT with a lineatus wrasse, and a yellow eye kloe tang that I received Wednesday. I noticed that he had some white stringy poop. It appeared to have a thicker area. Should I just observe since this is only day one or treat? He is swimming and acting well. I’m not sure how well he eats since this is the 1st day in I haven’t fed him yet. I was going to dose PraziPro after the 1st week but I can bind it and add it to the food now. Otherwise as far as medications I have furan 2 and general cure. Besides the copper and ruby reef rally.
Big fan of General Cure. It contains both praziquantel and metro. Between the two meds, they cover all internal parasites. Plus the dose of praziquantel is lower than the liquid dose of PraziPro. Which is much easier on sensitive fish like wrasses. Just make sure to add a bit more O2 to the tank with a powerhead aimed at the surface. How big is the tank? One dose of GC is for 10 gallons. Use a brine shrimp net to dispense the GC. Set the net halfway into the water. Dump in the GC. Massage the net to express the GC powder into the tank. Dose once and then wait 5-7 days. Do a 25% water change. Dose again. Wait 5-7 days. Do a 25% water change. Observe for 7-10 days. Helps to feed your fish a varied diet of frozen foods & vitamins. Avoid flake or pellets.

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan of General Cure. It contains both praziquantel and metro. Between the two meds, they cover all internal parasites. Plus the dose of praziquantel is lower than the liquid dose of PraziPro. Which is much easier on sensitive fish like wrasses. Just make sure to add a bit more O2 to the tank with a powerhead aimed at the surface. How big is the tank? One dose of GC is for 10 gallons. Use a brine shrimp net to dispense the GC. Set the net halfway into the water. Dump in the GC. Massage the net to express the GC powder into the tank. Dose once and then wait 5-7 days. Do a 25% water change. Dose again. Wait 5-7 days. Do a 25% water change. Observe for 7-10 days. Helps to feed your fish a varied diet of frozen foods & vitamins. Avoid flake or pellets.
The tank is 55 gallons. I have enough GC to do a couple doses that would treat 55 gallons. Will this suppress their appetite? The tang just started coming out today when I’m in the room, looks well but has been very skiddish. I have noticed that she swims freely when I’m not in the room. Will not eat nori off the algae clip, or when I’ve fed frozen emerald entree (I think because I’m standing at the tank) the past couple days, but when she doesn’t know I’m looking I’ve seen her eat some of the algae wafers that I dropped in the tank. I’ve also seen her appear to be nibbling at the pvc pipes. Hoping that I’m making progress and she starts eating when I’m feeding the tank.
Otherwise, I’ll be feeding the fish a mix of emerald entree, marine cousine, as well as some other frozen carnivore foods soaked in vita chem and a drop of garlic.
Before, I’ve dosed GC by mixing it in a cup of tank water and slowly adding it in by a powerhead to blow it through the tank. Will that work?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider a fish "smoothie." Get a variety of frozen cubes (mysis, brine shrimp, fish eggs, seaweed, chopped clams, etc.) take one of each and place in a covered tupperware in the fridge to "slump." Mix a bit and add some vitamins (Selcon, Zoe, Zoecon, etc.). The fish just go crazy for it. It stays good in the fridge for a few days.

OP
OP
Melinda01

Melinda01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider a fish "smoothie." Get a variety of frozen cubes (mysis, brine shrimp, fish eggs, seaweed, chopped clams, etc.) take one of each and place in a covered tupperware in the fridge to "slump." Mix a bit and add some vitamins (Selcon, Zoe, Zoecon, etc.). The fish just go crazy for it. It stays good in the fridge for a few days.
That is a great idea!!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He even taste-tested it himself!
Atkins diet??? Pfft...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back