Possible Parasite on Chromis Cyaneus?

ikeasuperfan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2020
Messages
19
Reaction score
45
Location
Coachella Valley, California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I just noticed a white line dangling from my new chromis.. I was wondering if this is some sort of parasite, maybe a nematode? If so, how do I treat it? No other symptoms, and is eating fine.
0476EF4C-C0C9-4B4F-8112-CEEDC20CB9C5.jpeg
3EAF280F-F1B1-4A46-B9C9-D87679005938.jpeg

(Not sure why the 1st picture isn't oriented right, it was level and isn't having any trouble swimming.)
 
Sorry - I missed your post until just now. This isn’t coming out of the fish’s anus is it? Nematodes can sometimes do that. If it’s coming directly out of the fish’s skin, then I’m not sure what it could be.
Jay
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new