Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 5.52.34 AM.png

This was in the thread just closed - cryptocaryon causes STN? Can you support that?
Absolutely. I will post a link to a video showing a coral getting eaten by cryptocaryon. This is just one example of the many corals Prime Coral labs has witnessed being eaten by cryptocaryon.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

I just went by the LFS that treated one of his Acropora frag/ grow out tanks with the Prime Coral Prevent RTN. He told me that the Prevent RTN did not work and in fact seemed to make it worse.

He has since removed all the acro’s out of that tank and put them in his main display where the coral is now recovering. He said that after he treated the tank was not doing well and just seemed off. Off enough to remove all the frags and colonies.

This system was fishless so he did not loose any fish unlike everybody else.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefaholic,

Thanks for the spot. Prime Coral was at RAP 2019 and had 2 booths. One booth was there to educate the public on Coral RTN causes and best treatments. The other booth was displaying our awesome coral collection.
https://coralrtn.com/

Educate us huh. That’s a bold statement.

Prime Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

I just went by the LFS that treated one of his Acropora frag/ grow out tanks with the Prime Coral Prevent RTN. He told me that the Prevent RTN did not work and in fact seemed to make it worse.

He has since removed all the acro’s out of that tank and put them in his main display where the coral is now recovering. He said that after he treated the tank was not doing well and just seemed off. Off enough to remove all the frags and colonies.

This system was fishless so he did not loose any fish unlike everybody else.

Right. Did he follow the directions? Who was it? How many treatments were done? How did he determine "Prevent did not work?" What does this mean?
I am just looking for the truth and If you want to bash us for no good reason I get it. Lots of haters out there.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you haven't noticed, but it is always YOUR responses that are narcissitic, rude, demeaning and just downright inappropriate. Spend more time looking and listening to yourself in the mirror buddy.
PS I was there and we were waiting for the "haters",(like yourself) to show up and have a "nice" discussion with us but lo and behold, no one there ran their mouth. You only run your mouth when you can hide behind the computer screen and your anonymity. Please stop trying to be cool.

Wow, so professional. You’re a great representative for PRIME CORAL.

Prime Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, that is not what you have always said. You stated that all TN, bleaching, and brown jelly disease was caused by a parasite, or protozoan and never differentiated between them. You also said that you had the only product that could stop this protozoan that caused both RTN and STN and that if you didn't kill the protozoan, the coral would die. Now you are saying that some STN is caused by a different protozoan and that some STN can be cured naturally. There is a big difference. You have accused posters of not being smart enough to understand the science, yet you seem to contradict yourself when presented with scenarios that don't fit your claims.
This is what we have always said:
1. coral RTN is always due to Philaster, a protozoan that eats the corals gut lining and tissue causing RTN (brown jelly in LPS)
2. Coral STN is due to protozoans as well but usually not Philaster. STN is due most commonly in our experience to Euplotes but can also be caused by dystera, cryptocaryon and a few others.
3. Bleaching corals are almost always infected heavily by the protozoans as well and the bleaching occurs in the area of infection.
https://coralrtn.com/
We have never contradicted ourselves, you are just trying like many others to make us look bad by making up accusations and trying hard to turn you allegations into truth.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right. Did he follow the directions? Who was it? How many treatments were done? How did he determine "Prevent did not work?" What does this mean?
I am just looking for the truth and If you want to bash us for no good reason I get it. Lots of haters out there.

Look...the product did not work. In fact, it had the opposite effect. We can’t make it work.

I think you’re just mad because the Prevent RTN has been an epic fail.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely. I will post a link to a video showing a coral getting eaten by cryptocaryon. This is just one example of the many corals Prime Coral labs has witnessed being eaten by cryptocaryon.

Can you show us where in that paper it says the cryptocaryon is commonly associated with coral diseases? I see it mentioned twice, once in a reference, and once in the table.
I also call attention to the conclusions of the paper "In conclusion, this is the first study to highlight a diverse community of ciliates associated with all nine of the coral diseases studied here. There is no doubt that the majority of these species are opportunistic scavengers, simply feeding off the bacteria associated with the exposed skeleton and/or the bacteria associated with the necrotic tissue, however a few warrant further investigation with regard to their specific roles in disease pathology worldwide."
I can't tell what you are looking at under the scope in that video.

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the first 20 pages are more of this thread. I did nothing but defend the doctor and spoke very highly of him because I believed in his product and felt like he had no reason the lie.

However, when new evidence is discovered and facts change, so did my viewpoint.

Facts don’t care about feelings.

FACT: I have not heard one single report of this product working. PERIOD!

Prime Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, so professional. You’re a great representative for PRIME CORAL.
We are only interested in people knowing the facts and not here to give opinion. Fact is that Coral RTN is due to infection of coral tissue by protozoan parasites. This is a new and revolutionary finding. Virtually every comment to us is an attack in one form or another. We are not here to fight with people but only to inform them. Let people make up their own minds. By the way, all these negative comments come from people perfectly capable of running their own sets of experiments and discovering that what we are telling them is 100% true. But unfortunately most of the negative comments are completely prejudicial nonsense and based in fear and jealousy. I don't want to engage in discourse with people that have such a negative agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back