Possibly looking for a RFA!

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I want to try my hand at a RFA with my pico tank! Instead of ordering one online I figured I would check in the Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area to see if anyone has some available. Not picky Just wanna try a cheap one. Honestly the smaller the better as this pico doesn't have a ton of room.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok maybe I can do a SMALL RBTA or a mini maxi anemone if no rockflowers are available or something like that. let me know what you got, price and location :) Just looking for something hardy!

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok maybe I can do a SMALL RBTA or a mini maxi anemone if no rockflowers are available or something like that. let me know what you got, price and location :) Just looking for something hardy!
I saw a rock flower or 2 at the Reef life store in Birmingham if no one has anything they want to sell at this time. They also have some bubble tips that aren't huge. Maybe someone has some they need to thin out though.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
gotcha i appreciate you letting me know. I may have to check out the LFS up there eventually as I have never been to any in Birmingham yet.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gotcha i appreciate you letting me know. I may have to check out the LFS up there eventually as I have never been to any in Birmingham yet.
Well there's really only 2 and I prefer reef life. Aquarium imports is closer to you technically bc its in Hoover but they always seem to be lacking fish when I go in there. The owner tells me I'm there on the wrong days. But I won't say anything bad about either. But I haven't seen anything you'd want there let's put it that way. Make the extra 15 min drive to the other when you have time.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like I may have a chance to check out reef life this friday. Will have to call beforehand to make sure they got what im looking for.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I may have a chance to check out reef life this friday. Will have to call beforehand to make sure they got what im looking for.
They don't really answer their phone. They do text messages off it. Its weird. I would try to get in touch with them on Thursday. Reeflifeaquariums.com you can check out the website they don't really upgrade the coral section on the website but there's a list every couple days of their shipments of things. You can also contact them from the website as well. I forgot to look for the RFA when I was their Saturday I did get a hammer though. Good luck

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They don't really answer their phone. They do text messages off it. Its weird. I would try to get in touch with them on Thursday. Reeflifeaquariums.com you can check out the website they don't really upgrade the coral section on the website but there's a list every couple days of their shipments of things. You can also contact them from the website as well. I forgot to look for the RFA when I was their Saturday I did get a hammer though. Good luck
Thanks! What type of hammer you get? Against my original plan I may end up putting a frag of hammer and frogspawn in the pico and maybe a few of my favorite chalices I gotta see how much more work it would be. So far I don't really do anything lol

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just there getting something i looked and they have at least two RFA. I was in a hurry have somewhere to be in 20mins but I took a pic of one next to a bubble tip.
20210406_152217.jpg

And I got an interesting hammer from them not a clue what it is. It is maroon/light purple with silver tips and very long polyps. Almost Frammer like.

20210405_175938.jpg

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! What type of hammer you get? Against my original plan I may end up putting a frag of hammer and frogspawn in the pico and maybe a few of my favorite chalices I gotta see how much more work it would be. So far I don't really do anything lol
They have a couple Marshall island hammers and a couple neon green torches right now. I went to get a fish and left with coral last Saturday. I think I'm going to have them order me 2 fish instead.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was just there getting something i looked and they have at least two RFA. I was in a hurry have somewhere to be in 20mins but I took a pic of one next to a bubble tip.
20210406_152217.jpg

And I got an interesting hammer from them not a clue what it is. It is maroon/light purple with silver tips and very long polyps. Almost Frammer like.

20210405_175938.jpg
Ok cool Thankyou for taking a quick pic. Ill have to get in touch with them on thursday. I also gotta see if they take in trades. Hammer looks cool I bet the tips glow in blues only!

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool Thankyou for taking a quick pic. Ill have to get in touch with them on thursday. I also gotta see if they take in trades. Hammer looks cool I bet the tips glow in blues only!
They do take trades. I think it just depends on what they want and what you have. But they definitely do trades for store credit.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back