thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resized_20210519_205100.jpeg
Resized_20210520_181503.jpeg
Ouch that took a big hit, thats allot of room it demanded. Is the green monti still alive?

OP
OP
TheDragonsReef

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And remember, every time this happens, the chemicals released can affect all your other corals...
Yes but only really when large colonies are going at it or its a small system. Unfortunately its also completely unavoidable in a tank where youre out of room. I just run carbon and have a big skimmer to pull out as much as i can.

Last edited:

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing else seems worse for wear and when I checked this afternoon the mesenterial filaments were gone.

J1a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here I have a passive aggressive land grab between a microclados and a subulata. This has been going on for the past few months.

IMG_20220315_084449.jpg

The subulata tried to grow over the microclados, covered 1/5 of it. Recently, the microclados decided yo fight back. As you can see where the white arrow is, the counter offensive of SSC.

I have no idea how this will evolve.

OP
OP
TheDragonsReef

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No damage at all. Can’t tell anything happened. Maybe a warning shot.
Thats great to hear, they are usually pretty devastating and you can see from some of the other posts in here the kind of damage they can do. Where you able to space them out or move them at all?

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can move the one that sent out the warning shot but I’d really rather frag the spiced lemon since it is starting to sprawl. It’s encrusted over the rock though so not sure how to go about it.

OP
OP
TheDragonsReef

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its encrusted on the rock then youd have to use a saw or dremel. If you go at the rock with the hammer and chisel you can usually get it off but making frags is difficult that way.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its encrusted on the rock then youd have to use a saw or dremel. If you go at the rock with the hammer and chisel you can usually get it off but making frags is difficult that way.
Problem is rock can’t come out. Has to be done in the tank. Thinking I may be able to use a scalpel to make the cuts and then use a pair of forceps to peel it off.

OP
OP
TheDragonsReef

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here I have a passive aggressive land grab between a microclados and a subulata. This has been going on for the past few months.

IMG_20220315_084449.jpg

The subulata tried to grow over the microclados, covered 1/5 of it. Recently, the microclados decided yo fight back. As you can see where the white arrow is, the counter offensive of SSC.

I have no idea how this will evolve.
This is a great shot, i have a few acros going at it like this as well. It seems that they never really push much further which surprises me. They just seem to grow together, try to over grow one another for a little then give up and grow away from each other.

Back