Potential ich on Young hippo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is quiet new. I have not seen the ich spots before… my parameters are fine, except my phosphate which has dissappeared / 0
Red sea 350

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is quiet new. I have not seen the ich spots before… my parameters are fine, except my phosphate which has dissappeared / 0
Red sea 350
Best to start a new post in the disease forum. Before posting read the sticky at the top for information the experts on here will need to help with treatment.

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My baby Blue tang has very recently Got multiple White spots (3-5). My parameters are the following:

0 ammonia

8 nitrate

0.0 phosphate?

8.5 PH

Salinity 1.026 SG

25 celcius.

my tank is a red sea 350. I started it june 10th with live rock. Please tell if you need more information

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Appears tank is quite new and going through spikes and other water related including limited oxygen determined from fast breathing rate of this fish. The couple dots i see are likely ich and this fish will need to be placed in a Hospital/quarantine tank with treatment for ich and increased oxygen via air stone.
Didplay has a bit of free floating debris which neds to be siphoned up.
I see you are out of the country. What test kits are you using?
Treatment will be typically coppersafe for a full 30 days and monitored with a reliable copper test kit but not sure again what you have availble to you for medications??

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears tank is quite new and going through spikes and other water related including limited oxygen determined from fast breathing rate of this fish. The couple dots i see are likely ich and this fish will need to be placed in a Hospital/quarantine tank with treatment for ich and increased oxygen via air stone.
Didplay has a bit of free floating debris which neds to be siphoned up.
I see you are out of the country. What test kits are you using?
Treatment will be typically coppersafe for a full 30 days and monitored with a reliable copper test kit but not sure again what you have availble to you for medications??
I am using red sea and salifert test kit and finally Hanna for salinity. I am from Denmark, and i cant find Any products that help against Ich. Is it possible that it is velvet instead?

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your video works perfectly fine as i can see it. What's all the that stuff floating around? Algae wafers?

I'd listened to Vetteguy and put an airstone in there.
Hi. I just cleaned the side with a magnetic, which is why there is a lot algae floating around. I should have stated that in my original description, Sorry!. I Think i Will make a quarantine and see What happens and hopefully find some medication for it. It is quiet hard here in Denmark to find any

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi. I just cleaned the side with a magnetic, which is why there is a lot algae floating around. I should have stated that in my original description, Sorry!. I Think i Will make a quarantine and see What happens and hopefully find some medication for it. It is quiet hard here in Denmark to find any

I tried googling up Copper medication for fish in Denmark and got nothing. Do you have any local fish store that you can ask?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't @Lasse from that area? I'm sure he can make some medication recommendations.
(Sorry if I'm mistaken)

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok I see nothing. - we can start there, 2. without a better history - though im sure lots of people will give opposite opinions - no clue - best wishes with your fish = see the link in my signature and answer the questions - to help us help you

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't @Lasse from that area? I'm sure he can make some medication recommendations.
(Sorry if I'm mistaken)
I´m from Sweden - there is some differences between the Scandinavian countries but as I know it - esha trimarine containing copper and you can buy that at least in Swedish Webshops - here is an example However - you can't use it in the DT with invertebrates

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back