Powder Brown Tangs

Chrissy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one last week (named him Wilbur)and he's "different".
When I put the mysis and spirulina in the tank, it looks like he is going for a piece but bobs his head side to side and totally misses the piece. Once in a while he'll catch a piece, but not very often. He acts like he's blind or something. :squigglemouth: He spends the day picking at the rocks and sand, but there isn't anything there to eat. Ocasionally he will nibble at the seaweed clip, and doesn't touch the fresh Ulva or Gracilaria. When I put my hand in the tank, he swims right over to me and hangs out by my hand. I figured I'd try and hand feed him some seaweed today, and sure enough, he started eating it from my fingers. :) Is this normal behavior for these guys? I've read that they are picky, but this one is just wierd! LOL

sailfintang

CMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and it picks on bare rocks but mine eats mysis, brine, seaweed, spriluna, pretty much anythign i throw in the tank. OSmetinmes they take time though to come around.

OP
OP
Chrissy

Chrissy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He came around alright! He has been nipping at my clams! I netted him yesterday and then acclimated to the only other tank that I could put him in which is my 20 gallon. I'm going to bring him back to the LFS. Awesome fish...but not worth losing my 5 clams over. :squigglemouth:

sailfintang

CMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He came around alright! He has been nipping at my clams! I netted him yesterday and then acclimated to the only other tank that I could put him in which is my 20 gallon. I'm going to bring him back to the LFS. Awesome fish...but not worth losing my 5 clams over. :squigglemouth:

Sorry to hear the bad news, but i totally agree, any fish that nips at clams, sps has to go. Good thing you caught it before long, very odd a tang woudl go for the mantle, I wonder what your LFS was feeding it?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%

Back