PowerBrite LED Question

seth&angelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 300 gallon Marineland Deep Dimension Tank(6'Lx3'Wx27''H) With 3 400 watt MH and 6 Actinic VHOs. I also have 4 Blue PowerBrites that Im using as moonlights 24hours. I have primarily LPS as of now, but it will be primarily SPS in the near future. Is it ok for all of my corals to be running the PowerBrites 24 hours, or should I have them going on and off?

Also, I have Reeflux 12k MH bulbs, and I want to upgrade to a better brand bulb, and to a little more blue bulb. I was thinking 14k ushios or 20k radiums. My acans and some other LPS hate the high intense light, but I also would like good SPS growth. So let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Seth

fatcasey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be more than fine switching to a 20k radium, I love mine and have about 90% sps and have great growth. Also, have you looked into these new stunner LEDs? They're a few $ cheaper than the powerbrites, the spread is awesome. I just picked up 3x 6 watt strips the other day, and switched my 2x 4ft t5s to them. As for using them powerbrights as nightlights...maybe alittle to intense.

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be more than fine switching to a 20k radium, I love mine and have about 90% sps and have great growth. Also, have you looked into these new stunner LEDs? They're a few $ cheaper than the powerbrites, the spread is awesome. I just picked up 3x 6 watt strips the other day, and switched my 2x 4ft t5s to them. As for using them powerbrights as nightlights...maybe alittle to intense.

any link to the item?

fatcasey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Ecoxotic is their website im pretty sure

if i can ever figure out how to post pics ill get some up, they have powerbrite color, with better spread. Theyre real small and simple, i think theyre even like splash proof. theyre like acrylic coated or somethin...

fatcasey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right now my tank is missing the little bit of extra heat though from the T5s though, haha. Coldest its been in a while down here in FL, tank took alittle dip from 76 to 74.5 last night

Back