Powerhead placement help

Josiah_445

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2023
Messages
51
Reaction score
36
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sicce voyager 2 that I have been using but recently I’ve been messing with a marine land maxijet 400 I’ve had laying around. I’ll insert a picture of how my tank looks but I’d like to have both of them running seeming that my voyager 2 really isn’t strong compared to the Maxijet. I can’t seem to find a placement where my Kenya trees aren’t being plowed by the current or where the current can get behind the rocks in the back left. Any recommendations [40 gallon breeder]

44A772B5-FF72-4A50-829F-D8FCBA3F5F79.jpeg
 
I have sicce voyager 2 that I have been using but recently I’ve been messing with a marine land maxijet 400 I’ve had laying around. I’ll insert a picture of how my tank looks but I’d like to have both of them running seeming that my voyager 2 really isn’t strong compared to the Maxijet. I can’t seem to find a placement where my Kenya trees aren’t being plowed by the current or where the current can get behind the rocks in the back left. Any recommendations [40 gallon breeder]

44A772B5-FF72-4A50-829F-D8FCBA3F5F79.jpeg
Push the powerhead towards thr back of the tank so it creates flow behind the rocks to push debris out of any deadzones.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new