Powerhead placement - tank specific question

André Brasil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers!

Have been consulting this great forum for a few months now, and have been saved from countless erros thanks to it.

I've been strugling with my powerhead placement for some time now. Tried a few setups, but am not very sure about my decision in this regard. My doubts only increased when i made the move to BB.

Here is an image of my tank currently:

And here is a diagram illustrating other relevant info (green boxes are the powerheads, hidden behind the middle rock):

Would love to get some input on what would the best powerhead placement be in your opinion. I am somewhat aware of the general guidelines on the issue, but am having trouble aplying them to my tank.

Its a 50 gallon softy + euplylia tank. Have 2 powerheads of about 3k liters per hour each.

Thanks,

ffoott

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placing them where you have them, especially because it is BB, is probably ok. I would, however, point them both upwards to agitate the water surface. That is where the lion's share of oxygen exchange occurs, so anything you can do to promote more is a good thing.

OP
OP
André Brasil

André Brasil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I am happy with the aesthetical value of my current placement, but I do feel that the detritus in my tank isn't getting suspended for long enough as to my filtration to pick it up...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back