Powerheads and Profilux 4 Compatibility

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@KJoFan - add the pump 1 and pump 2 to the group . If you look at the image above none are assigned to your group.
Oh wow, could that be any easier? I just had it in my head it should all work left to right. In that, the pumps in question should be listed in the left box to be added to the right box. ;Facepalm

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Reason Screen shot did not post :)
Stream_Groups_Confg.jpg

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow, could that be any easier? I just had it in my head it should all work left to right. In that, the pumps in question should be listed in the left box to be added to the right box. ;Facepalm

Yes, that Easy :)

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that Easy :)
I got it now!

My other, probably basic question is, I also have a pair of 6095's with the inline full controller if that makes sense. I could also control those via P4 with another set of cables, correct? I assume if I did that, the controller would automatically switch to "external control"?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and you would manually set the 6095 to external control, does not sense it automatically, even when voltage is applied by the P4. But yes your spot on :)

Then create another stream group or add to an existing on sky the limit :)

Last edited:

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and you would manually set the 6095 to external control, does not sense it automatically, even when voltage is applied by the P4. But yes your spot on :)

Then create another stream group or add to an existing on sky the limit :)
Awesome, thanks!

Unfortunately, it appears I didn't solve my issue with one of my 6105's failing to spin when it gets to a certain low percentage of the program. I wish I knew exactly how low that one could go before it stops working. Or, why it stops in the first place. :rolleyes:

Will have to play with min percentage to make sure it keeps working.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks!

Unfortunately, it appears I didn't solve my issue with one of my 6105's failing to spin when it gets to a certain low percentage of the program. I wish I knew exactly how low that one could go before it stops working. Or, why it stops in the first place. :rolleyes:

Will have to play with min percentage to make sure it keeps working.

Have a look at this GHL FB Group conversation that Roger from Tunze chimed in on regarding minimums.

Screenshot_20190218-160624.png

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, both pumps are set to 3-8V and minimum percentage at 40%. Which shouldn’t be an issue. But maybe I just need to restart/reset it. I had it originally at 30% and 3-8V which should also be ok I think?

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would believe 30% and 3-8v should be ok.
I agree. Even if I disconnect it from the P4 and try to run it with it's inline controller it doesn't seem to work. Worked this AM, doesn't work now. Story of my life. :D

Seems like the impeller just binds up, but when I check it it spins freely and isn't dirty. So, I'm not sure. But, I don't think it's a P4 connection or setting issue.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a constant speed on the stream group and then keep turning it down to the lower setting. This is how I did mine to figure out the lowest percentage I could go which was 25% on my pumps.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a constant speed on the stream group and then keep turning it down to the lower setting. This is how I did mine to figure out the lowest percentage I could go which was 25% on my pumps.
Both are running at 100% according to GCC but same pump is still dead as a door nail. :(

I'm giving it a soak and clean tonight and we'll see what happens after that.

TayoCruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ussed both solutions one of my tank was with Mp40 and Mp60’s 6ft tank and the other tank is now Tunze 6095 and 6055 with random flows on the output.

The 6095 is noisy compared to the Mp40 and MP60 at low levels (I actually hear it without any issues) the 6055 dead silent and quieter then the MP40 or MP60.

As for options you have a few more options with the VorTech Controller more time intervals and different flows (up to 12) (example noon to 3 I want lagoon and from 3-6 I want nutrient and so forth) . For the stream groups you do not have that many options(but a future release they said will allow us to have more). I have 4 tunze pumps in two stream groups on 6 hour intervals each where it will go pump 1 random as pump 2 is constant and reverse. I have the opposite going on the othet two pump, with night mode, thunderstorm and last feed mode.

Both options work great you can not go wrong with either option.

@Ditto hi there, i would like to add 2 more tunze powerhead to my existing one, do i create another stream group 2 ?
Cheers

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can and add them to that stream group with independent settings or you can add them to the existing stream group your choice :)

TayoCruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can and add them to that stream group with independent settings or you can add them to the existing stream group your choice :)

@Ditto
Thanks but i have already added 2 pumps to Stream Group 1 (Port L1/2)so do i add my next 2 pumps to Stream Group 2 (Port L3/4) and programme ?

i feel lost

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TayoCruze - Correct you would cable the pumps the same way your did to L1/L2. You would cable the two new pumps into L3/L4, and add them to Stream Group 2 and program the same way you did for the first two.

Do you have the cables to plug the pumps into L3/L4?

TayoCruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TayoCruze - Correct you would cable the pumps the same way your did to L1/L2. You would cable the two new pumps into L3/L4, and add them to Stream Group 2 and program the same way you did for the first two.

Do you have the cables to plug the pumps into L3/L4?

Yes i do ... i will programme them as previous pump (Stream 1).
Many thanks.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.2%
Back