OP
OP
FishyDP

FishyDP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you made a decision on this? I am in the same boat and am probably leaning toward a router. Seen a few vids of a laser vs acrylic and seems like it's tough to cut through clear acrylic using acrylic.
This has been delayed due to moving, but I am likely going to end up going with a router. Entry cost looks to be significantly higher than anticipated like some others have mentioned here, unless you are ok with a smaller working area. Would like to look into building one but just do not have the knowledge or experience yet to take that on.

Last edited:

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been delayed due to moving, but I am likely going to end up going with a router. Entry cost looks to be significantly higher than anticipated like some others have mentioned here, unless you are ok with a smaller working area. Would like to look into building one but just do not have the knowledge or experience yet to take that on.
That's the path I will probably take, will most likely build my own. It actually does not look too complex with all of the parts available on Amazon. They have slides that cam be used along with CNC kits that include the motors and controls.

I am thinking one of the smaller trim routers would be more than powerful enough.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back