Pregnant Blenny?

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had blennies come with internal parisites before, if it is eating well but still struggling, look care full at its belly. It may need deworming.

+1 If it has been eating any type of food added to the tank "like a pig" ... whether it be flake, pellet, mysis or whatever else you may have been feeding, my guess would be it's an intestinal parasite starving the fish of nutrition.

That said, you mentioned you were feeding it flake every other day. Try feeding it a bit of flake and/or pellets, mysis, etc. twice a day. (Small fish should be fed small amounts two or three times a day rather than large amounts every couple of days.)

Also, watch the poop. light brown 'logs', are often a sign of constipation (kind of normal if they eat a lot of protein foods like LRS Reef Frenzy or Rod's). If it's white, thin and stringy it's often an indication of intestinal worms/parasites. If it's like a burst of mist that disappears within a second or two, it's typically a normal, healthy bowel movement.

OP
OP
Bkimberlin14

Bkimberlin14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 If it has been eating any type of food added to the tank "like a pig" ... whether it be flake, pellet, mysis or whatever else you may have been feeding, my guess would be it's an intestinal parasite starving the fish of nutrition.

That said, you mentioned you were feeding it flake every other day. Try feeding it a bit of flake and/or pellets, mysis, etc. twice a day. (Small fish should be fed small amounts two or three times a day rather than large amounts every couple of days.)

Also, watch the poop. light brown 'logs', are often a sign of constipation (kind of normal if they eat a lot of protein foods like LRS Reef Frenzy or Rod's). If it's white, thin and stringy it's often an indication of intestinal worms/parasites. If it's like a burst of mist that disappears within a second or two, it's typically a normal, healthy bowel movement.

He TSB only really goes after the flake and he goes crazy for it.

I’ve been trying to give him mysis and Hikari extreme seaweed pellets He has eaten a couple pellets and some tiny pieces of mysis, nothing crazy. But he gums the pellets and completely disregards the mysis majority of the times. I’ve also tried plain nori but no luck there either.

The flake food he has been eating has a high protein content so I’ve seen his poop in ‘logs’ like you said but I have also seen him have stringy poop randomly

I feed everyday now with all three but like I said he only goes after the flake

In the original picture it looks like he’s got a sunken belly but now he looks a little fat.

Truly have no idea what’s going on.

I was gonna get some PE mysis flakes to see if he’ll go after those because it seems he doesn’t like the actual frozen shrimp.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back