Pretty Little Elements All In A Row :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my grubby little paws in the goodie box today.

Triton_First.jpg

There is a little bottle called 'Detox' which says, 'Removes Heavy Unwanted Metals' I have to get more information on that one.

The mad scientist side of me is very excited.

Dave B

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my grubby little paws in the goodie box today.

Triton_First.jpg

There is a little bottle called 'Detox' which says, 'Removes Heavy Unwanted Metals' I have to get more information on that one.

The mad scientist side of me is very excited.

Dave B

[h=1]Triton Detox[/h]

http://aquarium-connections.co.uk/triton-reefkeeping-system/triton-product-range/triton-detox.html

Detoxifying solution for removal of excessive heavy metals. 100ml

Gene

OP
OP
o2manyfish

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gene,

Thanks for posting the link. But it's only a photo of the bottle. There isn't any information about what metals it removes, how it removes them (skimmer, flocculants in Filtersock, etc) or how often it needs to be used.

Fun mysteries to try to solve :)

Dave

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, please tell us more Triton, I have heavy metals to remove. Does it remove Tin? How much would I dose etc...

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton Detox- 100ml- Detox is a product that consists of a combination of different organics. They are able to bind heavy metals, such as copper, and this will enable these metals to be exported through activated carbon. Please consult your Triton ICP-OES test results for the specific dosing requirements for your reef system.

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton Detox- 100ml- Detox is a product that consists of a combination of different organics. They are able to bind heavy metals, such as copper, and this will enable these metals to be exported through activated carbon. Please consult your Triton ICP-OES test results for the specific dosing requirements for your reef system.

Thanks, I wonder if tin is included in that binding list????? That would be great, i really don't want to change 450 gallons of water then find out the tin source is still in the system... Much nicer to try dosing this, re-test again.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These bottles are coming from Triton US?

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottles are all available now at Uniquecorals and are all in stock. The detox is mainly used for copper, not sure about tin. Remove the carbon from your tank prior to using it, add the correct amount to your tank (3 mls pr 100 liter tank I believe), leave in the tank for 3 days, then put in fresh carbon. The detox is mainly an acid (humic I believe) that binds any free copper to it. The acid is a larger molecule that the carbon then grabs pulling out the copper with it. It is highly effective and will pull the copper down to undetectable levels on the present ICP tests Triton employs- well below the dangerous 15 ppb that corals will start suffering at. Just make sure the copper isn't going back in the system from a faulty pump or something otherwise you'll have to go through the process repeatedly. Triton Pure salt will remove the tin through basic dilution but this can get expensive depending on the size of your aquarium.

Back