Prime use in QT

Twodogsnnc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 20 gallon long qt and ammonia is rising. I have not started CP, but plan to use it and Prazi. Can I use prime to help with the rising ammonia? If I do, do I have to do anything before I can use CP or Prazi?
Thanks.

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure of any danger of using prime with cp but I know it is safe to use with Prazi. The prime will only make the ammonia safe for about 24 hours. It's best to use a bottled bacteria like biospira to control ammonia in qt. Prime is definitely not safe to use with copper

Last edited:

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also be careful combining copper and prazi, it's best to treat with them separately unless absolutely necessary. The prazi will reduce the amount of oxygen in the water significantly by itself and adding copper into the mix can cause a bacterial bloom that will reduce o2 even more

OP
OP
Twodogsnnc

Twodogsnnc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also be careful combining copper and prazi, it's best to treat with them separately unless absolutely necessary. The prazi will reduce the amount of oxygen in the water significantly by itself and adding copper into the mix can cause a bacterial bloom that will reduce o2 even more

Will do them separately for sure. Thanks.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do NOT combine either Prazipro or Prime with Cupramine. It will be toxic on your livestock. You can conduct FWD to help with flukes while running copper treatment. Make sure you hold therapeutic levels of .5ppm for 4 weeks, conduct large water change and dose 2 rounds of Prazipro. You should be good to go.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back