Pro-Max UV Sterilizer review?

mrjoev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys look really nife. What is length of units?
is
  • L x W x H = 40.3" x 6.6" x 9.85"
that is my 5" 120 W. Each 3" model wattage has a different size and same with the 5"

xionggotstyle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Updates on the units long term wise from you guys who bought it? I am considering getting the 55 watt 3 inch model for my 200 gallon tank. Please let me know long term updates.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just picked up a 3" 55w to replace the questionable Jebao (started leeching black plastic stuff into the water) as I'm fighting Ostreopsis.

Went with Lifegard because primarily because of price/performance and cost of upkeep/maintenance. There is a great breakdown on Humble fish forum comparing it to other major brands. Good read. For $253 out the door seemed like a no-brainier compared to other brands for same wattage (Pentair would be almost 3x the price and Aqua UV 2x).

Now need to find the best way to plumb it in.

JayPnoy12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have question for those of you have this unit and been running for a while. If you own the 40W 3" body already and you decide you want to upgrade let say to 90W using the same body can you just buy the Replace Ballast for the 90W and use the body instead of buying the whole unit since they have the same body and same connection. Or do you need to buy the whole unit for the 90W? Any thoughts or idea I appreciate it.

Always,

Jay

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back